Forum clock

Please post any ideas / changes / or help requests regarding the forum here. Announcements relating to improvements etc will also be posted here.
ilovemyjoggler

Forum clock

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Tiny little thing - just wondering why the forum clock is an hour out when I visit as a guest but then accurate once I actually log on.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Forum clock

Post by BuZz »

phpbb doesnt handle DST automatically - it was switched on in the settings, meaning guest users get BST. I've changed it now.

users can set their own timezone, and DST and it was probably correct in your profile meaning when you logged on the time was correct.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Wow. Thanks for the speedy response! I don't normally thank you after your replies to me on this part of the forum as I don't like to see my username hover on the mainscreen for weeks on end. However, having read through other forums recently i have to say you are unfailingly prompt and gracious no matter how basic my questions which I really appreciate. For that I thank you.

Ps feel free to reply to get rid of my username!!!
Last edited by ilovemyjoggler on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

:)

you're welcome. Whats wrong with having your username on the front page ?
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hmm, what an interesting question. I guess I feel awkward because I've posted ALOT in the short time I've been here - and always to show my ignorance. It's embarrasing and makes me look & feel like a needy numpty. Thankfully people have answered with patience and without hostility.

...and that's it for today's therapy session Dr BuZz!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

hehe - well I don't think anyone else sees it like that :)

It's nice when people come here and want to know more/try new things with their Joggler hardware.