hello

Please post any ideas / changes / or help requests regarding the forum here. Announcements relating to improvements etc will also be posted here.
dwl99

hello

Post by dwl99 »

Hello to everyone who has arrived here from the from the Yuletide-themed Joggler.info forum. Can I suggest that users retain their Joggler.info usernames for ease of use? And well done Exobuzz for setting it up!
yugo

Re: hello

Post by yugo »

Hello, good work with new forum.
One request though, can you make the banner xmas themed? I've grown used to it now. ;)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

yugo wrote:One request though, can you make the banner xmas themed? I've grown used to it now. ;)
:lol:
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Thanks for setting this up Buzz.

I have only been using Jolicloud on my joggler for about a week but what a difference it has made already!

A bit slow some times but steady once it is going! Only gripe...I wish it had an on & off button. It scares me everytime i have to kill it at the wall!

Cheers for all the email support as well.

Michael
Isato

Post by Isato »

Ahhhh, feels like home, time for a cuppa (is it feasible to transport all existing posts from previous site without admin access across to our new home and not loose the wealth of info?)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have a copy of all the posts (scraped from the old site), that I can place online either on the forum or separately if the old site ever goes offline. I thought to wait for now else it wouldn't really be polite - wanted to see what happens with the other forum etc.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

Thanks very much, hope we get 99% migration. The old site owner can stay with his spammers.
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Hi folks, just a quick thank you for setting up the new forum.
pog

Post by pog »

I second that; seems a good decision to set up the new forum.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Hehe - I knew you'd set a new one up, BuZz! :)

Good plan, I think. The other forum was getting a bit problematic what with the permanent Christmas and spam.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
JonB

Post by JonB »

Hey I solved the spam problem... Shame I could't fix the Christmas theme! LOL

Big wave to the regular crowd.. Hi there guys!

JonB
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

JonB wrote:Big wave to the regular crowd.. Hi there guys!
Hiya! Thanks for your hard work on the other forum. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
ratx

Post by ratx »

hi I'm here now too - not looked at joggler for a few months now but still have a bit of interest in the stock OS ( just updating PNP on mine now )
gslug

Post by gslug »

Hi all! I have been playing with a couple of Jogglers for a while, but never got around to joining the old forum. Again thanks Buzz for setting up this forum and for the Ubuntu/Mint images.
DunkB

Post by DunkB »

Hello Joggily world, I've been lurking for a while now both here (and the other place) and thought it was time I said a massive thanks to all those who contribute time and talent to making the Joggler such a little peach of a piece of kit.
In an attempt to give something back I found this site really interesting with lots of ideas that can be transferred to the Joggler.

http://www.havetheknowhow.com/default.htm

The VNC and webadmin tutorials work well on the Joggler and were easy for a newbie to Linux like me to follow.

Thanks again for all the hard work, off to stream a film from my Joggler to my PS3. Isn't technology great. :D

Dunk
Jonathan Bowley

Post by Jonathan Bowley »

hi all! jonny here. completely new to the world of the joggler, grabbed one off ebay after stumbling across the various joggler resources on the net. the wife took some convincing but with a freshly broken laptop, the idea of iplayer and video streaming in bed for the princely sum of £60 seemed to do the trick, heh!

looking forward to immersing myself in all of the hard work that has been going on over the past year or so, and making my return to the fantastically confusing world of linux after a brief university enforced flirtation with windows 7.

i'm a massive fan of software modding (mainly android; been a cyanogenmod follower since v3), but have never messed with hardware... until now. also, i'm a highly unoriginal script kiddy. i can't code for toffee, but i love to take all the bits and pieces and squish em all together. a bit like the process of obtaining a degree in english language and journalism. cut and paste, right? ;)

looking forward to reading everything in here, and asking a few questions, as and when. ttfn!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

where are the avatars? :)
Roderz

Post by Roderz »

Hello everyone,
Only me,
Was wondering what happened to the old forum and now I found ya,
Only found my way here as my Jog crashed this morning (stuck on O2 screen)
Big thanks to roobarb for the reflash tool - nice one

Now off to read up on the latest stuff to restore all my setting ;-(
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

welcome to the party. did you bring any booze? :)
Roderz

Post by Roderz »

BuZz wrote:welcome to the party. did you bring any booze? :)
LOL I wish, only PGtips!!

Off to find how to telnet again :x :x