Welcome to the new Joggler forum.

Please post any ideas / changes / or help requests regarding the forum here. Announcements relating to improvements etc will also be posted here.
BuZz
Site Admin

Welcome to the new Joggler forum.

Post by BuZz »

Hello and Welcome.

So I have set up this forum now (as you can see). I hope people will use it / link to it etc.

The theme is a slightly modified prosilver. Slightly different fonts (and slightly bigger by default - I may make some smaller again - I just think the default phpbb prosilver has slightly too small fonts for modern hi res displays), and gradient removals. Pretty basic/minimalist, but clean enough I think.

No sharing on user data with the Wiki in the end. I thought about AWC forum for mediawiki, but it is only made by a single person, and with of course less features than phpbb. Also I am familiar with phpbb as I have been running it already for a number of years. There is a way to have a single login with phpbb, but it requires mediawiki to auth against phpbb, and since mediawiki was installed first, that isn't much help. So consider this a standalone thing.

Due to the fact the other joggler forum didn't get a huge amount of posts, when it comes to forum areas, I feel that less is more, and have set up only a few areas. It's far easier to click a single forum, and scroll through some posts, that have lots of forums with only a few threads each. Also I think too many areas is more work for people to post as they have to go through to find the best place to put it - time that could be spend writing the message instead. However if you disagree, let me know.

Please do give feedback on any areas. The forum descriptions were written quite quickly so I'm happy to hear any improvements. (including the main name and description that is rather boring!) Thanks!