Shall we split general into sub folders?

Please post any ideas / changes / or help requests regarding the forum here. Announcements relating to improvements etc will also be posted here.

Shall we split general into subfolders, one for android,one for ubuntu/mint one for others?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:40 pm

yes, split it into seperate folders
50%
no, leave it as it is..
50%

Total votes: 6

asantaga

Shall we split general into sub folders?

Post by asantaga »

Hi all, ,

I was just wondering shall we split the general topic into a couple of subfolders?
ie
- General/Other OS
- Android
- Ubuntu/Mint
Angelo
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Shall we split general into sub folders?

Post by BuZz »

happy to hear feedback on it. I personally prefer less areas, and don't think we have enough traffic yet to warrant more areas (it would be a few areas with only a page or two of posts then). However, I'm up for being persuaded, and if the majority wanted a change, I would seriously consider it ;-)

I'm going to move this to the forums area as it is more on topic there.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

still 50/50 ! I wonder who the 2 voters are hehe ;-)
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

obviously Im one :-) but if no one else votes, then leave it as it is :-)
Angelo
gegs

Post by gegs »

I'm with BuZz for leaving things as they are at the moment. Solutions keep appearing in the general section that are not distro-specific and this info might be harder to find if buried in a Linux Mint subfolder when you use JoliOS. There are also only five pages in the general section so it's not difficult to trawl through at the moment.

Having said all that, I can see where asantaga is coming from and there might be a need to do categories in the future. It's all a matter of scale at the moment, I think.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

In my experience, the more subfolders there are, the more likely it is that people just post in the wrong place and things get missed.

I think the separation is fine as it is. Popular stuff stays at the top and the cruft floats to the bottom. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)