A Bit of Reorganisation

Discuss development / improvements relating to the Joggler Wiki.
roobarb!

A Bit of Reorganisation

Post by roobarb! »

I've had a dive into the wiki and started by reorganising things a little bit. I didn't feel the 'big list' front page was particularly friendly, and combined with the older (but still potentially useful) content it was making the whole thing a bit off-putting.

Areas of the wiki are now split into sections for native OS, Linux and Windows (is anyone bothered about Windows on the Joggler these days?), which are then further divided. After this are hardware mods and EFI hacking, that last one being for the real hardcore hackers. ;)

I'm going to put together the FAQ page when I next get chance, so new users who want to get started quickly can do so.

One little request; rather than posting larger howto guides on the forums, could these be added straight to the wiki and linked to from your posting? It just centralises things better and makes the content more easily searchable. Don't worry if you've never done any wiki editing before - the content is much more important than the appearance, which is easily tweaked. Hopefully this will stop us repeating ourselves when asked about things like SSH access! :D
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: A Bit of Reorganisation

Post by BuZz »

Excellent job! The wiki is certainly much improved. Cheers!

I agree in regards to using the wiki rather than the forum. makes sense - and easier to maintain.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Just read through the new FAQ - very informative! Appreciate your efforts with this.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:Just read through the new FAQ - very informative! Appreciate your efforts with this.
Cheers! Any chance we could add a link to the FAQ on the sidebar? I tried editing MediaWiki:Sidebar, but no access. :)

Perhaps a new section between Navigation and Toolbox called 'Popular' or the like?
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Can do. Will sort out better wiki access for you also.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:Can do. Will sort out better wiki access for you also.
Awesome - cheers, BuZz!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thanks for replying as it had slipped my mind. you have been adminised on the wiki so feel free to edit the system stuff like sidebar etc.