Joggler/tablet cradle

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
Error

Re: Joggler/tablet cradle

Post by Error »

pete wrote:So far while testing "stuff" I have removed the bracket and run the Joggler for hours like this.

I will try some benchmarking to see if the temps change that much after days.
Pete,

I'm curious if you did do the benchmarking tests? I'm planning on making a wall mount, it would help if I could just remove the stand.. But I'm not certain if it does help cooling (at least a bit?)?
pete

Post by pete »

Never did test the O2 Joggler in the bracket I made. That said the Joggler 2 has a metal heat sink across the entire motherboard.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Error wrote:
pete wrote:So far while testing "stuff" I have removed the bracket and run the Joggler for hours like this.

I will try some benchmarking to see if the temps change that much after days.
Pete,

I'm curious if you did do the benchmarking tests? I'm planning on making a wall mount, it would help if I could just remove the stand.. But I'm not certain if it does help cooling (at least a bit?)?
I'm fairly sure it is using the bracket for a heat sink. What I did with mine was remove the bracket, hammer it flat and install back in place.
pete

Post by pete »

Yup; the DIN brackets I installed are made of plastic then go to an aluminum DIN rail.

That will do do much relative to providing a heat sink for the O2 Joggler. The little DIN plastic brackets were easy to mount.

Best solution then would be to bend / cut existing bracket; then maybe fit a DIN bracket(s) on it or not utilize the methodology above.

I am still looking for putting an Openpeak touchscreen here in the bathroom. Its very much of a WAF thing though; such that I have to make it look nice.

Probably will just cut a hole into the drywall a bit smaller than the outside front pieces of the touchscreen. Then utilize some sort of a rubber band to pull the whole device to the wall. You can frame around the edges or if you do a very good job of cutting drywall; not have to do much else with the wall.

Relating to the Joggler 3. It would be easier as it has a detachable table top stand and you can replace it with some sort of device to hang the Joggler III on the wall. It appears to have been made for multiple means of use; IE: wall or tabletop.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater