S/PDIF output

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
Hank_Marvin

Re: S/PDIF output

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Yeah I just shaved off the raised bits on the rear for a better fit.....does cause a fair bit of vibration, i'll have to try another

The sharp GP1FAV31TK0F didn't work, it would light up fine whilst booting but after about 30 seconds the light goes really dim and my amp receives nothing, i'm not sure if it's faulty or not quite compatible with the joggler, pins are the same as the cliff electronics one and it requires less V so I thought it would be a great match :(
pete

Post by pete »

Yah I think some of them are 3.3 VDC and others are 5.0 VDC.

The specifications for the sharp GP1FAV31TK0F is 3VDC per specifications sheet and it should work fine.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

yeah that's what I thought but it wouldn't work at all, just as described above, I've sent it back for testing. I might buy another cliff one when I hear back.
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

3rd spdif doing the same, sound cutting in and out, its sooooooo annoying lol. I'm wondering if it's an alsa setting, I know you can make changes to it on a Raspberry Pi.
Rakanishu

Post by Rakanishu »

Hi there,

I am currently Using my main Joggler mit this little friend connected through some mini active usb hub:

M2Tech Hiface-> Dac -> ancient Rotel rca/rbx combo with some old but decent speakers.
Once it was correctly set up I never had any issues with it.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Hi, have you tried using the digital output of the joggler direct, rather than via the M2Tech hiFace? I guess doing it this way the digital stream is not asynchronous, the main stated benefit of using the HiFace.

Can anyone confirm how/why that would be different and therefore theoretically better?

thanks.

i've yet to modify the Joggler to send the digital out via coax, but if I had I would want to know the hiFace would make enough of a difference to justify the price.

(Although I just found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M2TECH-HIFACE ... Swj0NUjYj1 )

I do use the cheaper (non-asynchronous) HiFiMeDIY usb converter and also used the USB input into a musichall 25.2 DAC.

It's nice through the MH, but i wonder if I might achieve something similar enough with the HiFace and sell the MH on (despite it's tube output)