Means of mounting a Joggler on a wall

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

Means of mounting a Joggler on a wall

Post by pete »

Someone asked recently on a different means of wall mounting a Joggler without cutting a large hole in a wall.

While the Joggler still is not flat on a wall; this pictorial allows for pivoting of the Joggler and is relatively low cost using a speaker style mounting bracket.

This may be my means for the installation of a Joggler in the master bathroom in this house. My intentions are to utilize a double sized gang box with one side holding the bracket a bit recessed and the other side using standard 3 insert jack wall plate (IE: network, power and speaker output).
Attachments
Joggler wall mount.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Re: Means of mounting a Joggler on a wall

Post by pete »

Working now on a plastic dual gangbox box such that I could do a plug n play with the above. One side will be a sort of mounting bracket for the above and the other side will just have three keystone jack holes. These will be for:

1 - network
2 - power
3 - audio or USB port for USB to Audio device.

I also ran a new POE network cable to the bathroom. The cable run actually took most of the day yesterday because it starts in the basement com area patch panel and goes up three floors to the attic area then down to the bathroom area.

I also did another test streaming live video. I have an "in house" video network using SD and the Joggler streams SD video well from the Myth TV application on another box.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
themystical

Re: Means of mounting a Joggler on a wall

Post by themystical »

That is pretty cool!!!!