Joggler Screen Disassembly

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
sparx

Joggler Screen Disassembly

Post by sparx »

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to obtain a joggler to use as a car pc. I've seen the Mazda install and it would solve a lot of problems both financially and technically!

I have one question though, does the screen (and digitizer) come away from the front fascia or is it all one piece?

Cheers!
Turvey

Re: Joggler Screen Disassembly

Post by Turvey »

I don't know the answer but this might tell you ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMLUIoYQm4
sparx

Post by sparx »

Thanks Turvey, I did watch the video - got to 5 minutes before I realised he wouldn't touch the screen :-(
DaveJoggler

Post by DaveJoggler »

I explored the possibilty of a car install a little while back. For me the joggler was a tad tall to fit my dash opening and I set about it with various pointed and destructive implements! Cracking the front glass in the process!

The screen, digitiser and front glass are all bonded together as far as I remember. If the front was plastic, there may have been a chance of prising it off, but the glass breaks as I found out.

Actually this has reminded me I was going to try a heat gun to see if the 'bond' could be loosened.
Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave »

I've had a few LCD panels apart. The LCD itself comes out and the digitiser stays on the inside of the joggler case. Not hard to get the LCD off if you're careful, they do bend a little bit before breaking...! ;)

I don't think you'd be able to get the digitiser off the inside of the case to be honest, if thats what you're looking to do?

Dave
sparx

Post by sparx »

I've actually now decided on a different method - creating an adapter for my double din opening so I can mount the entire joggler screen behind it. This does, however, require that I cut out a lip on part of my dashboard above the radio slot as the joggler is ever so slightly too tall.

I will get some pictures up when i've completed it (and possibly even redone the adapter as i've never worked with acrylic sheet or a dremel before and it looks a bit dog-eared!)