OpenPeak 1 Interior Pictures

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

OpenPeak 1 Interior Pictures

Post by pete »

These are pictures of a modified Openpeak 1 (O2 Joggler sized tabletop). Will remove motherboard to take pictures under neath.
Note that the Openpeak 1 has a DECT / Zigbee chip. Zigbee chip is connected to a serial chip / interface on the motherboard. There is an antenna connection and antenna for either the Zigbee or DECT chip on the top of the motherboard. The ZIF clip traces are on the O2 Joggler / OpenPeak 2 and will work with a ZIF style SSD card. There is not enough space on the Openpeak 2 to place the SSD card on the motherboard unless you move it to the speaker area between the speakers maybe? An upgrade to the original 512Mb / 1Gb memory would do wonders.

These OpenPeak 1's had a Verizon Telco DECT OS on them. They appeared to be prototypes sent to Verizon to test. I did not get these with DECT phones.
openpeak-openframe-home-phone-information-center.jpg
openpeak-openframe-home-phone-information-center.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
Verizon had the Original OpenPeak 1 designed to a totally different device to sell.. built in India...
openpeak-openframe-weather_hvv3-Verizon.jpg
Purchased a couple of these that came with DECT phones. I could not modify these to do anything.

Note this device has a massive metal heatsink over the motherboard on the touchscreen side and never gets hot. Used "painters" tape here on all of my Openpeak 1 devices. I cut some of the plastic ribs on the left compartment to fit the RTC clock with an exacto knife.

Hardware / OS modifications done to this Openpeak 1:
1 - Realtek NIC card ROM replacement via software (you can suspend it remotely and wake it up today)
2 - RTC clock
3 - USB hub to interior
4 - 16 Gb SSD ZIF card - Note this SSD ZIF fits over the original WLAN board or empty space with a smaller WLAN USB stick.
5 - original OpenPeak boot EFI bios to Seabios for running Windows

Cisco was selling Openpeak 1 and 2's also for Home energy automation devices. These had SIM slots for multi connectivity to the Internet.
cisco_hem_sm.jpg
Joggler-1.jpg
Joggler-2.jpg
Joggler-3.jpg
To be continued with more interior take apart pictures.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Re: OpenPeak 1 Interior Pictures

Post by pete »

This is a picture of Cisco's Android tablet and cradle which was Openpeak. I purchased one of these new. I could not modify this device.

This was OpenPeak's first Android Tablet which was shown as a prototype in electronic shows but never really sold to the public.
Cisco.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater