New SSD for Joggler-Openpeak

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

New SSD for Joggler-Openpeak

Post by pete »

My Openpeak Jogglers today are all using 16 Gb SSD drives for Linux (EFI) and Windows (Seabios).

Last week found these being sold and going to give one a test run.
ssd.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Re: New SSD for Joggler-Openpeak

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:My Openpeak Jogglers today are all using 16 Gb SSD drives for Linux (EFI) and Windows (Seabios).

Last week found these being sold and going to give one a test run.
ssd.jpg
They look great Pete Image

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

pete

Post by pete »

Going to try to image and expand what I have running in Ubuntu / Windows. Should work.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Zif clip broke off upon first try here. Vendor wants to send me a new zif clip and I have asked for a replacement ssd.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:Zif clip broke off upon first try here. Vendor wants to send me a new zif clip and I have asked for a replacement ssd.
That's bad news Pete, did they agree to a replacement yet?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Originally the company wanted to send me a new ZIF clip to solder on. Then I said no and they wanted me to ship the SSD back to them.
The ZIF clip is so flimsy that you cannot flip over the lock on a very thin zif cable.

Here noticed that the USPS would not let me ship to China via a FAQ on the USPS site. Ebay credited me for the original purchase and company stated that they were sending me another one without charging me.

Ebay today is as good as Amazon relating to returns. They pay for return shipping or they just give you the items no matter what the seller is saying.

The ZIF clip is very thin and will only work with a white ZIF cable end versus a blue one. The older style 8, 16, 32 SSDs were much better built.

I am currently using the 16Gb style on my Jogglers and they continue to work fine with Linux or Windows. Not worth the effort.
- Pete

Auto mater