Have I bricked my Joggler

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
jweaver

Have I bricked my Joggler

Post by jweaver »

I only use my Joggler as a photo frame, and sometime last year, I bought it into work, to try and get more use out of it.

I started looking at the other OS's which could be installed.. One day, I found a spare 8gig stick, so had a look around for some WindowsXP based software to 'burn' the USB stick.. I used something (can't remember what), created a stick containing "mijuu_1.2.4_gapps_tweaked" and it worked first time...

But I frankly got bored of it and was fed up with my USB stick hanging out of the side of the Joggler, so I removed it, went back to JogglerOS and continued to use it as a photo frame.

Skip forwards a few months... This week there was a special offer on Amazon for a Samsung Cruizer stick which was small enough to be discrete.. I looked at my folders and still had the IMG's, but I didn't have the software that I used to 'burn' the image.

So I looked around.. And used a tool called "UNetBootIn" and created a stick with a different image, this time "ubuntu_11.10-v1.0-btrfs"...

I plugged the stick in.. Restarted my Joggler and it started booting (the LED on the stick flashed) but it soon stopped and a white O2 logo stayed on the screen.. So I decide to go back to the drawing board and find a different app, and use the "Mijuu" OS, which I know worked before... However, after a reboot.. Even with no USB stick, my Joggler freezes with a white O2 logo.

Is it bricked? I am surprised that it was this easy.. After all, I simply plugged in a USB stick...

Is the only recovery option now, to remove the Flash chips, as per the Wiki?

I look forwards to your thoughts

Jon
jweaver

Re: Have I bricked my Joggler

Post by jweaver »

Panic over a bit.. My colleague still had HIS stick that I created for him when I did my original tests.. We put that in, and it booted Android (Assuming this is the mijuu image), so its clearly not 'bricked'... But when I remove the stick and reboot, I just get the White O2 logo and it never boots into JogglerOS.. So clearly something has gone wrong.

Any ideas how I can fix this and get JogglerOS to boot again?

Jon
hawsey

Re: Have I bricked my Joggler

Post by hawsey »

Hi ,
i am having similar problems but my Joggler wont even boot an image !!
You should be able to use the re flash tool from the birdslike wires web site though if you can still boot
http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/jogglerflash
good luck :)
Happy Joggling