Zigbee and dect...

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
-=xXx=-

Zigbee and dect...

Post by -=xXx=- »

I want to try to use this HW, do somone knows what ic are used inside joggler...
Thanks.
pete

Re: Zigbee and dect...

Post by pete »

There are heat sinks I think over the chips...

Andy was able to talk to the Zigbee chip and or DECT chip via a terminal (or remotely via SSH)...it is documented here somewhere...

It is a first generation energy Zigbee chip...

When I started to look for DECT stuff noticed most of it has been removed from the internet....there used to be all kinds of stuff...

I did get mine working at one time with a generic DECT phone (non Openpeak) but I could only receive calls on it...There used to be a bunch of OpenPeak / Verizon DECT phones on Ebay a few years ago...
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Can't find it anywhere...
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I have some zigbee stuff around the house was thinking to control them directly from joggler, I don't think it's even close to ZHA 1.2 but if chip support wasn't droped maybe it's still compatible...
worst scenario will do it through wifi , xbmcv themes support custom buttons and python scripts to them so it should be enought...
pete

Post by pete »

I was involved a bit in the Almond plus when first starting and they gave me test units and a bunch of zigbee devices.

That and have a Zigbee serial module connected to my OmniPro 2 plus tinkered a bit with the Samsung Smarthubs.

Lately have been tinkering with Sonoff basics modded with Espurna firmware and using MQTT (running a mosquitto server), node red.

Also modded a few RGB magic home controllers using a custom Espurna firmware and added a little digital switch and pot for control of the kitchen counter LED lamps. Here was able to fit the 120VAC to 12VDC power supply inside of the switch box (and switch) and then routed out a 12VDC power and plug for the LED lamps. I do utilize dimming for these lamps that are on 24/7.

120VAC ==> 12VDC ==> MagicHomeRGB Modded controller ==> LED lamps.

Personally was never much of a WiFi for automation person as I continue to utilize UPB for my in wall light switches. I did upgrade my WAP from Ubiquiti to Ruckus a month or so ago. Now have dedicated SSIDs (Alexa, Wifi Devices et al).
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Relating to DECT here still utilize a multiple line Pansonic set up which plugs in to multiple phone lines and using a couple of Way2Call boxes.

Due to WAF have kept the larger style Panasonic phones. That and keep cell phones off while in the house and route calls here using GV. Back up backup phone line is a combo modem (network, phone WAP box).
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I'm looking for Tuya smart gateway TYGWZ-01 firmware, maybe you worked with this device ?
pete

Post by pete »

No I have not. I have read that folks are updating firmware on Tuya devices now. You can do this via WiFi but my preference is to JTAG and use a serial cable.

Running HUE emulation on the Espurna firmware updated devices and doing what I can do with Home Assistant and Homeseer.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

they are updating ESP deviced what I need is hub... Can't find it anywhere and don't want to buy another one... Jtag I don't do but Serial or SPI is ok for me...
pete

Post by pete »

ahh....

Yes looked on Amazon and they are not listed here but they are in the UK.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuya-Gateway-S ... SwQ9ldSpDt
on Canadian Amazon they also don't have them.