Simply hacking process for windows user

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
HK88

Simply hacking process for windows user

Post by HK88 »

Hi,

my friend just gave me one of his O2 Joggler. This is my first time using this. the apps are not working. i can't get into facebook or youtube doesn't show any results however i am connected on my wi fi. i want to hack it and install android if possible or any good OS but i am finding it very difficult to understand the steps involved. i am a pc user (windows XP) if anyone could simplify the steps for me, will be GREAT!!! i am really looking forward to getting this up and running. Thanks in advance :D
offbeatdave

Re: Simply hacking process for windows user

Post by offbeatdave »

Welcome aboard!

You want to get yourself over to the General/Software Area - Loads to go at in there from various excellent Linux distros, a couple of wonderful versions of Android, some very clever little Windows XP distros and mods to the Stock OS (find the PnP Mk II thread - although I am somewhat biased!).

I warn you now though - once you start tinkering you won't be able to stop!

Oh, and the Facebook app and YouTube app that you've found on the Joggler no longer work. However, there is a modified YouTube app and so much more available in the various operating systems that people much cleverer than me have put together!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Mevi

Re: Simply hacking process for windows user

Post by Mevi »

If you are happy with XP, you can run that on the Joggler, too. The link is in my signature. The instructions are pretty straight forward, as is the instructions for Buzz's (X)Ubuntu builds.

As it already boots, you can try selecting the 'factory reset' option in the settings menu. After that, you might find that you're quite happy with the standard Joggler OS and then add PNP mk II. :)
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP