Anyone mod the internal wireless stick

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

Anyone mod the internal wireless stick

Post by pete »

Has anyone modded the internal wireless stick?

Does anyone have specfications or drawings relating to the USB wireless stick board?

Thinking maybe of piggy backing the USB SSD to the top of the wireless stick. First test would be first to connect 4 leads from the USB SSD to traces (pins) on the wireless stick. If this works then I would removed the USB female piece of the USB SSD stick and just have it hard wired over to the USB wireless stick such that the wireless stick would be a combination wireless and memory stick.

I have a small PC board only 7 port USB hub (from playing with the Asus EEEPC) and it would fit but its as large as the USB wireless dongle (too big to fit in the space where the wireless stick is today.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Mevi

Re: Anyone mod the internal wireless stick

Post by Mevi »

The 4 plate through holes on the side of the wireless stick are an alternative USB connection, if that's any help.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
pete

Re: Anyone mod the internal wireless stick

Post by pete »

Thanks Mevi.

I'm going to try to see if I can get one of the other USB pin outs working. It's not making sense that my first try didn't work. I might set up some sort of break out box with the USB connections on the board.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater