OpenPeak 2 Pata Port mods

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

OpenPeak 2 Pata Port mods

Post by pete »

Here trying an experiment with an OpenPeak 2 motherboard.

I have decided here that a small SATA mini PCiE card / SATA whatever is still too big for the Openpeak 2.

That said I had soldered on (micky mouse wise) a 40 PIN ZIF pata port connector. While the Openpeak 2 still boots fine the PATA port Zif that I soldered never did work.

New endeavor now is trying again here with a surface SMD hot air soldering machine.

This will enable me to use the 15cm ZIF cables to a ZIF SSD PATA drive.

I am using my test board so while at it may solder on a micro SSD card slot to the motherboard.

Only thing that I have done with these is add a USB port using the cam port on the top and a USB stick to boot an OS or writing a small OS to the 2Gb built in MMC.

What I like about this device is that it has a massive heat sink over the motherboard which is similar to the Openpeak Joggler looking devices.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Re: OpenPeak 2 Pata Port mods

Post by pete »

As I experiment here ordered a new 1/2 size mini pcie mSATA SSD drive. Just goofing around but did notice that after 2010 many computers with mini pcie slots were used also for mSATA drives. Maybe it'll work and maybe not.

That said I am also playing with an HP T5740. I am pretty sure that the mini pcie slot in this computer is also an mSATA port. I did also purchase the expansion interface for this terminal but looking to use the mSATA port to update the embedded W7 on it to 32Gb.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater