Only 'main'usb for audio adapter?

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
jim_lewis1

Only 'main'usb for audio adapter?

Post by jim_lewis1 »

One thing I am finding is that the usb dac is only operational on the main usb port on the right of the joggler.
Two of my jogglers have been modified (not by me) to have a usb port on a trailing wire.
These won't work with any of the few dac types I have. Is this normal?
I thought usb is usb is usb. I guess not.
pete

Re: Only 'main'usb for audio adapter?

Post by pete »

Here I have not had any issues with direct USB connections to the internal and external USB port.

That said I have soldered on to the motherboard USB 1.0 and 2.0 ports and most recently my USB 2.0 soldering of wires is going to an external USB hub which is small and glued to the back of the Joggler. This one has worked fine for whatever devices I have installed. Note here that I am taking the power for the new USB 2.0 port from the side mounted USB port. That said there have been issues relating to power on the USB ports such that you should use an externally powered USB hub. The el cheapo ones you find leak power to the Joggler. I utilize a Digi Externally powered USB hub and have no issues with this. You can test the cheapo ones by disconnecting the Joggler and connecting one of the cheaper USB powered hubs. It will illuminate the backlight of the Joggler which is not a good thing.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater