Sample Rates

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
markiii

Sample Rates

Post by markiii »

Apologies for asking in a first post what is likely already answered elsewhere. However whilst I've been doing a lot of reading I'm struggling to nail down a few things definitively.

I'm a long time Squeeze user and just grabbed a mint Joggler to play with as a potential touch replacement. Its now running the latest Squeeze OS which I flashed using the Birdlikewires reflash utility

I'm aware that SPDIF can be added with a little soldering and that USB can be enabled for a USB DAC

however I'd like some clarity on the following

1 Whats the max sample/bit rate the Joggler can cope with on its internal speakers/headphone out?
2 Whats the max sample/bit rate the Joggler can cope with on SPDIF, if suitably modded to give SPDIF out?

If I wanted to bypass the headphone amp and tap out at line level with RCAs can this be done?
pete

Re: Sample Rates

Post by pete »

Welcome to the O2 Joggler Forum markiii

There are threads here somewhere relating to the sample bit rates that can be achieved with the Joggler.
If I wanted to bypass the headphone amp and tap out at line level with RCAs can this be done?
I do that and I cannot tell much on the sound pieces going to my Russound zoned amps. Try it yourself and see.

Other Joggler places I use ]el cheapo USB connected sound cards (tiny things) with multiple outputs and inputs and these do fine for me.

That and my hearing while still good isn't as good as it was 40 years ago.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
markiii

Post by markiii »

thanks, trouble is I can't find a definitive answer. The spdif mod in the wiki doesn't mention sample rates, but I swear I read somewhere (and can't now find) that tapping of the DAC leg for the spdif mod would yield a 96k sample rate capability?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I am sure it will do up to 192 k see the services forum
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... put/page63
Happy Joggling