Screen Replacement - any ideas??

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
jogglerhase

Screen Replacement - any ideas??

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi again,
as posted already in the marketplace: My jogglers screen broke. :cry:
And I am looking desperatey for a broken joggler (with intact screen) to fix mine again.

Since so far, I did not get a response (Anybody? If your broken Joggler is cheap, I will buy it - even if you are not 100% sure of the screen condition),
I would like to ask here, if anybody knows were to get a replacent screen.
By what is written on the inside label, it is a "sharp display lq070Y3LG4A".

I am pretty desperate, as this joggler drives my entire Squeezeboxen System, as it runs the LMS for them.
I am double desperate, as I see this forum gettong awfully quiet and triple d., as jogglers are non-existent here in Germany.....

Pls help!

Hein

P.S. I could also try to buy a new/used joggler, but I hate to put mine in the trash.......
pete

Re: Screen Replacement - any ideas??

Post by pete »

A while back I did see a forum user selling replacement screens. You are best off to purchase a "broken Joggler" with a good screen. The cabling on the o2 Jogglers look to be the same as well as a plug n play screen swap. Here I have on "test" O2 Joggler with a really messed up screen. Not cracked but pretty much by accident dragged across some sort of metallic piece of materials; which did mess the surface up on the capacitance screen. So I know now though that it's not "gorilla glass".

BTW (there has been a "sale" of used O2 Jogglers going on). I do not know if there are any left. Here I am near Chicago.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I have a confirmed working screen you could buy off me Hein, pm to follow.B-)
Happy Joggling
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi hawsey,
thanks for your offer!
Got your pm, answered and wait now eagerly on your feedback!
:-)
Heiner
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

In the meantime, you can control nearly everything in LMS and player with web interface and mobile phone/tablet apps - so having a failing screen need not be a disaster.
pete

Post by pete »

Here I am trying a couple of things with LMS. I have put one Joggler on the "rack" and plugged in the audio output to a Russound zoned amplifier.

That said I am remoting the Joggler two ways at this time; one a functional "plugin" for a touchscreen interface where I can create custom screens / functions and the other is a built web "theme" using the squeezebox server and a custom set of pages to manage the box. I do have issues with autoscreen refreshes at this time such that I am leaning more towards a remote plugin which offers same features set and is quick.

I am also using the zoned amplifier for custom speech TTS stuff and just playing a bit with the speech proxy as its a bit slower but offers same speech in a different manner of presentation. (one is sourced SAPI and the other is a quick recording of SAPI then playback via LMS).

Curious what other themes or screen applications are available?

Here is a picture of the one I have been playing with; though giving me some issues with auto refresh.

Small screen theme sitting in a subdirectory under LMS main directory.
web.jpg
Plugin to remote control Joggler running Squeezeplayer (Andy's custom build).
plugin.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Really weird but evey time I look at the forum this thread comes up as unread, as if there is a new post!!
Is this happening for anyone else?
I use tapatalk so this could be to blame
Happy Joggling