Help - Flashing Screen

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
gazzer

Help - Flashing Screen

Post by gazzer »

Hi, My Jogglers been sat in the Kitchen for the last 8 month and been working fine, but now all I get when I swith on is a flashing screen. It just flashes white all over every couple of seconds or so no logos just white ?
I have tried swapping the EFI chip with another unit so I know thats fine. The flashing screen also works OK on the other Joggler, so thats OK as well.
Appreciate if anybodys got any other idea's or is it only good for spares :-(
ColinRegan

Re: Help - Flashing Screen

Post by ColinRegan »

Hi, A newbie posting here.
Thanks for the information and advice in this forum and other sites, it is excellent, and I've been reading and using it for some time now.

I have this same fault with one of my Jogglers.
I have 2 units, about 18 months old now. One is OpenPeak, the other O2, just to be different !
I've tried a few of the other OSs , Linux, Umbuntu etc, and have a boot mem stick for them.
The faulty unit just flashes a white screen for a sec, then sits blank. The internal green LEDS show power looks OK on the main board and the wi-fi card. There are no red LEDs lit. I've tried booting from the USB to the other OSs, but nothing happens.
Having a good unit, I have swapped the screen, wi-ifi card and EFI chip, but the faulty unit still sits blank, and the components all function correctly on the good unit. Swapping the EFI chip did make the good unit show as OpenPeak instead of O2.
I’m not sure what to try next.
I was thinking of trying the re-flash process anyway, but if the unit will not boot from the external USB then that may be a waste of time anyway.

So, can anyone help please ?
Cheers,
Colin.