Gambling Jogglers

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
hawsey

Gambling Jogglers

Post by hawsey »

A few photos of the brackets attached to the ex gambling jogglers just in case anyone wants to copy the idea used
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1387137790984.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1387137770564.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1387137720736.jpg
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Re: Gambling Jogglers

Post by hawsey »

Also the perspex blocks used appear to be glued with what looks like superglue
Happy Joggling
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

I use one of the perspex blocks that came off to prop up the Joggler next to me. It fits under the bit that sticks out at the back of the joggler and the power, Ethernet and usb cables stop the Joggler from sliding about. Kind of works, but is unstable.

Apparently there were some rather good batteries that were used with each Joggler. Each Joggler was in some sort of perspex box. An Olimex USB RFID reader was plugged into each Joggler and used to identify the customer.

I don't know if this is 100%. Would be interested if anyone else has details of their history and how they are getting along with them now.

They could well have been on 24/7 in a non-cooled environment, so the necessity of the stand as a heatsink for moderate use seems to be optional.
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

I've had a Gambling Joggler running for over 3 weeks now non-stop, sans stand and not in a particularly well ventilated or cool environment and it has performed well. It does feel a bit warm to the touch, but I've had no crashes or any other events that I could attribute to over-heating. In fact it has been far more reliable than I expected, but I think one of the great things about OpenPeak stuff is that it is incredibly well made and reliable.

What happens when a Joggler overheats ?

Be useful to know. What I'm doing with this Joggler is not particularly processor intensive, but I am amazed at how much I can do and how little memory and processor is used. I'd like to do some speech recognition in the future, so I think I may find out then about really loading the Joggler and how it performs.

Ironically, I've had more issues with Jogglers being cold (screen distortion) than hot.