speakers upgradable / replacable??

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
Error

speakers upgradable / replacable??

Post by Error »

I am wondering if I can just cut the wire and solder some other -better quality- speaker onto it?
Where can i find the specifications of the 2 used speakers? The new ones would then be mounted outside the joggler, for use as internal speaker.
I will also use the outside via an USB DAC for quality sound.

Is this possible?
Error

Re: speakers upgradable / replacable??

Post by Error »

no-one ever tried before? I can't believe I'm the first one with such a question??
castalla

Post by castalla »

Why not just plug in a pair of decent PC speakers?
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Or if you want to keep the usb port free you can use speakers via the headphone jack.
Error

Post by Error »

I just got word from my wife that the USB DAC was delivered @home. That will go in an usb port, via external sound.

Is the existing 3.5mm jack plug at the back usable via the internal soundcard? Or is that just the two little speakers?
castalla

Post by castalla »

I use a stereo plug cable to feed into an amplifier. The output level is limited to protect the speakers - you can remove the limiter in the squeezeplay settings (use with care!)
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Error wrote:Is the existing 3.5mm jack plug at the back usable via the internal soundcard? Or is that just the two little speakers?
Yes. Just plug the speakers in the jack and it takes over from the built in speakers. No need to switch to external source in settings. Definitely the case for pnp iii and from what i can remember same for squeezeplay os although i can't check this at the moment...If that's what you mean?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:
Error wrote:Is the existing 3.5mm jack plug at the back usable via the internal soundcard? Or is that just the two little speakers?
Yes. Just plug the speakers in the jack and it takes over from the built in speakers. No need to switch to external source in settings. Definitely the case for pnp iii and from what i can remember same for squeezeplay os although i can't check this at the moment...If that's what you mean?
Yeah, sqpOS does the same thing.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Error

Post by Error »

thanks for the info, it's clear now.
Thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.