LVDS wiring?

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
Algo

LVDS wiring?

Post by Algo »

Hi All,
I killed a Joggler! There, I've said it. Bloody careless really .... f*****d the motherboard.
Sad, but this means that I have a screen, which has been waiting in a drawer for some form of resurection.

I bought an AOPEN i965GMT board on fleabay as I want to build a dedicated CD rip station.
I intended to run it headless, controlled using an iPad, but then:
checking the board doc, I saw that it has a 24 bit LVDS port as well as inverter connections.
The doc even has a diagram labelling the socket pins - all 40 of them.
Resurection looming for Joggler screen?

Well it could be if I could figure out the wiring, or someone can point me in the right direction.
I need to find the pinout/wiring sequence on the Joggler connector in order to build a connector/adapter for the Aopen socket.

Any takers?

Alistair
pete

Re: LVDS wiring?

Post by pete »

Looking at bits and pieces of a Joggler2 on my workbench it shows that the board is a Sharp K4051TP LFA which connects to the LCD and the Joggler2 motherboard.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Algo

Re: LVDS wiring?

Post by Algo »

Hi Pete, thanks for the info, and sorry for taking so long to get back on the forum.
I've managed to dig up the relevant spec sheets, so .... now I only have to decide:
1) how to go about things,
and
2) do I want to risk my motherboard.
The answer has to be yes and yes, so I'll post if anything useful comes out of it!

Cheers,
Alistair