OpenPeak Joggler prototypes emit high pitched RF noise

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
tschak

OpenPeak Joggler prototypes emit high pitched RF noise

Post by tschak »

Anybody know of any fixes to get rid of the RF noise? I'm guessing the lack of FCC cert means that this device probably has very little in the way of shielding...

-Thom
pete

Re: OpenPeak Joggler prototypes emit high pitched RF noise

Post by pete »

Yeah; you can probably filter the audio jack stuff but it would be a PITA. I just installed a USB soundcard to the one that I play audio to the MM receiver in one room. I don't notice any audio noise on the O2 Jogglers via the speakers though that do the TTS / wave automation stuff via XP. I did though notice some noise with the Openpeak 7 / 2.0 with the speakers in front when booting up into XBMC Linux on the 2Gb build one that I have.

It has a "different" Broadcom combo bluetooth and wireless mini pcie card in it. I can see the bluetooth but not use it. The wireless is no issue though.

You can also try to see if you change the 5VDC Openpeak PS to something different. I have historically had issue with functional but noisy PS bricks with my audio output from my TTS automation boxes. I honestly didn't know the source of the noise until I replaced the PS. I didn't really know that could happen.

I am though mostly doing POE these days with the Jogglers though and using a Tycon POE 24 port midstream power injector (along with a few other smaller Tycon POE injectors).
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater