Solar powered joggler?

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
hawsey

Solar powered joggler?

Post by hawsey »

Has anybody done this?
I have been offered a large car battery size by the looks of it, 6 volt 100Ah battery and I am not sure if it would be any good for this sort of project.
Ideally I would be able to power a small Topping TP 30 Type amplifier as well and it would be for in the bedroom :-)
Happy Joggling
acesabe

Re: Solar powered joggler?

Post by acesabe »

Car battery will be 12v (unless they have different cars where you are!), and while you can easily find a car (cigarette lighter) battery to xVdc adapter to suit pretty much anything, the tricky bit is rigging up the solar panels to the battery, with charge regulator, battery protector, fuses etc. etc. We are just doing a similar project where I am as my partner has made some solar panels (opened UPVC double glazing + slightly damaged solar cells v.cheap) on a course she went on. So now I have to work out all the technical and rigging side of things!

I'd measure the voltage of the battery and check it's health before diving in tho...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Lol I meant car battery size, its quite a big thing
Let me know your progress I still need the other stuff if the battery will be ok.
Happy Joggling
SamuelMccoy

Post by SamuelMccoy »

acesabe wrote:Car battery will be 12v (unless they have different cars where you are!), and while you can easily find a car (cigarette lighter) battery to xVdc adapter to suit pretty much anything, the tricky bit is rigging up the solar panel to the battery, with charge regulator, battery protector, fuses etc. etc. We are just doing a similar project where I am as my partner has made some solar panels (opened UPVC double glazing + slightly damaged solar cells v.cheap) on a course she went on. So now I have to work out all the technical and rigging side of things!

I'd measure the voltage of the battery and check it's health before diving in tho...
Thanks for information.. I do have plans of getting similar charging system and hope it solves my charging problem for long time.