Why is it nearly all

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Andrew1971

Why is it nearly all

Post by Andrew1971 »

Hi All
Why is it nearly all joggler os's that can be installed on nand are all meant for streaming on to.
What about the user's that don't have streaming options. What os's do we get that can be installed on nand that is not the standard os. All my media is on usb HDD. That's why i would like a better music player. The joy of joggling.
Many Thanks
Andrew

PS
I have no idea on how to make on os or do any compiling for linux or windows.
JimbobVFR400

Re: Why is it nearly all

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Squeeze OS and PNP3 van both run Logitech Media Server and SqueezePlay from NAND so can function as awesome music players from usb stored media.
While I personally wouldn't do this as I'd be concerned about the flash memory borking in some way it can be done.

Alternatively if you use a wired connection then you can install your usb stick to run the OS in place of the wifi card which is what I do on my main joggler.
multiplex

Post by multiplex »

Andrew1971 wrote:Hi All
What os's do we get that can be installed on nand that is not the standard os.
What's your concern?
I have a Jogger running (Squeezebox OS and LMS) from an external USB (accessing music from a NAS) but with a bit of work I've made a short USB extension lead to put the 'big' USB stick out of view - it pokes out less than 5mm from the side of the Joggler - and there are also some really tiny USB drives these days...
Andrew1971

Post by Andrew1971 »

Hi All
Thanks for the reply's. I would like one os installed to nand that can do everything decent music + video player, go on the internet, picture's and a few game's so i dont have to add more usb ports to the joggler.
I know it's hard to please every one. With only the one joggler i dont want to break it by hacking it.
So i think i will have to get a few more after chirstmas though :D and take it from there and see what happens.
Many Thanks
Andrew

UPDATE
Well been thinking over the week and to do what i would like to do is need 2 more usb ports to have 3 in total.
1 for the os the one on the side
1 for usb HDD music + video's
1 for wire less keyboard + mouse
Ideally i dont want a usb hub for speed reason's and power less plugs needed fingers crossed only 2 plug's will be needed :D
trevordavies

Post by trevordavies »