Squeezeplay

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
bernarmn

Squeezeplay

Post by bernarmn »

I know this is a dump question, but how do I locate Squeezeplay on the latest release, it used to be on the desktop, but is not longer there.

Thanks in advance

MaX
Last edited by bernarmn on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
offbeatdave

Re: Squeezeplay

Post by offbeatdave »

Lastest release of...

Ubuntu?
Joli?
Mint?
Stock OS?
PnP III OS?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

the only one of my distros where it isn't on the desktop is the 12.04 ubuntu release. thats because you can't have icons on the desktop in ubuntu - you can ask them why. I wouldn't recommend that release anyway, as Unity 2d does not work well. the XFCE (xubuntu) desktop works better.

you can still install it from ubuntu - you need to open up a terminal and type in "sudo install-squeezeplay"
bernarmn

Post by bernarmn »

Thanks Buzz;
I have a newer type of the joggler and I would like to send you one to play with. This one has a speaker built in. I would need an address to ship it to. If you are interested email me at bernarmn@gmail.com
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thats very kind - is it an openframe 2 ? I actually have a couple of those, but if it is another joggler clone I don't have I would be interested perhaps for testing. Otherwise you might find another developer who could use one. Very generous of you though!
bernarmn

Post by bernarmn »

Sorry Buzz for the late reply. I guess it is the Openframe 2 (or Cisco's version of it when they OEMed them). Have you run any O/S other than Unbuntu on them successfully? The latest version 12.10 works very nicely, but I was wondering if the stock O/S would activate the wireless and the speaker that is built into the Openframe 2 but not the Joggler. Also, have you ever had any luck replacing the internal SSD for a larger one that would allow boot from internal drive as opposed to the external USB drive?

Thanks for all your help!!

Mark