Plug'n'Pimp - Opera, Squeezplay, ...easy way

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
djrm

Re: Plug'n'Pimp - Opera, Squeezplay, ...easy way

Post by djrm »

I too have the problem which stops icon positions from being saved like this description on the other forum.
Just one problem - if I rearrange the icons, the next time I reboot the icons have gone back to their original place.
Noy a big deal but a little buglet.
okay....I assume this happens only with the open peak skin? maybe a problem with the menu cookie files. I'll see if this happens on my device as well. Possibly just some files to (re)move...don't know.
Could anybody help me find the cause of this problem?
I'm using the openpeak skin with all updates applied, it did not happen until I updated a couple of days back.

btw everything else is working perfectley, nice work all involved.

Best regards, David.
xoom450

Post by xoom450 »

To gforums / christian....hi christian thank you for all your hard work on the joggler, you made it a worthwhile gadget and possibly increased its demand. I have the xbmc img on usb which i boot occasionally as well as jolicloud img. they dont affect your software.
jolicloud connects to wifi but cannot get xbmc to connect , have you any ideas. xbmc would be a nice add on to your software.
xbmc is wasted because i cannot access my wifi. ive read various tutorials online sayin to telnet the settings in but not sure how to , doesnt seem to accept telnet access now but im more than pleased with my joggler because it is up and running perfect. with jolicloud spotify runs well also...
i feel xbmc is a must have just like squeezeplay..
heres jolicloud link..http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/jolicloud/
heres xbmc download link scroll to bottom of screen dont use top download link , it will say you cant download without premium account...use deposit files link
http://www.multiupload.com/4TEJYQ2FW1
thx again
from one of your growin number of fans
ps the only thing that i feel can wipe out anyone joggler is if it loses internet connection because that stops you accessing it from your pc
xoom450

Post by xoom450 »

is there any chance of getting xbmc incorporated in the gforums ....

I find TDK 4gb flash drive cost about £8 from tesco a good flash drive to use..

[snip .. duplicate info deleted by admin]
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

xoom450 - you seem to have posted the same text on multiple threads. are you aware of this. It's helpful to try and keep threads on topic etc and to post for example info on joggler recovery to a single related thread.
xoom450

Post by xoom450 »

sorry buzz
gforums

Post by gforums »

Hi guys....

think this is my first post here :)

Just to let you know...I'm gonna write my diploma thesis the next 4 months so probably I won't have nearly no time for things like this PnP stuff.
It's not dead and I'll update especailly Squeezeplayer again when I get some time but don't expect new apps coming soon.

Concerning xbmc: It's to big and needs to many other libs and software to run. It can not be included into PnP easily.
gforums

Post by gforums »

djrm wrote:I too have the problem which stops icon positions from being saved like this description on the other forum.
Just one problem - if I rearrange the icons, the next time I reboot the icons have gone back to their original place.
Noy a big deal but a little buglet.
okay....I assume this happens only with the open peak skin? maybe a problem with the menu cookie files. I'll see if this happens on my device as well. Possibly just some files to (re)move...don't know.
Could anybody help me find the cause of this problem?
I'm using the openpeak skin with all updates applied, it did not happen until I updated a couple of days back.

btw everything else is working perfectley, nice work all involved.

Best regards, David.
Hmm possibly the opeanpeak skin contains some temporary files that have "saved" the layout in a fixed arrangement. Didn't have a look for it, but might be just deleting some files would solve it.
Have it on my mind for sometime in the future.
thi

Post by thi »

Hi, I'm using P'n'P on two Jogglers and have noticed that if my SBS (running on a separate server, haven't got it installed on the Jogglers) is restarted (or anything else causes a break between Squeezeplay and the server) then Squeezeplay locks up on the Jogglers - touching the blank screen results in a flash of light and nothing else. I can use the virtual console to issue a "killall -9 jive" and then I'm back at Tango so I can restart Squeezeplay. Is there any way of configuring Squeezeplay so that it will reconnect gracefully to a Squeezebox server that has temporarily "gone away"? It's the one thing that may be affecting the Wife Acceptance Factor in this particular household ;-)
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hi folks.

I've tried installing Squeezeplay via Plug n Pimp, but it won't open when clicked on. I've installed Perl too but still no hope.

Also...a few radio stations via the original internet radio player have gone weird. They worked originally. But now some radio stations seem to play in fast forward. It's like you'd imagine a mouse to talk, squeaking away.

I've got;

BBC iPlayer,
Opera Mobile,
Squeze Play,
Driver Pack,
Perl.

I'm pretty sure one of these has played around with my radio! Maybe the driver pack?
Roderz

Post by Roderz »

Gingerbread Man wrote:Hi folks.
Also...a few radio stations via the original internet radio player have gone weird. They worked originally. But now some radio stations seem to play in fast forward. It's like you'd imagine a mouse to talk, squeaking away.

I'm pretty sure one of these has played around with my radio! Maybe the driver pack?
This has been mentioned before, I think the fix was to switch sound card to 'internal sound with mixer' via PnP->Control
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Roderz wrote:
Gingerbread Man wrote:Hi folks.

This has been mentioned before, I think the fix was to switch sound card to 'internal sound with mixer' via PnP->Control
Many thanks :-)
gforums

Post by gforums »

Stop of develloping Plug'n'Pimp

Hey guys,

thanks for your interest in the Plug'n'Pimp thing. As I wrote some posts earlier, I was writing my diploma thesis the last months. By the way, I succeeded so I now have finished my studies :) .
Sadly, now looking for a job and then starting to work doesn't offer much spare time for things like this.

So I decided to not continue work on Plug'n'Pimp for the moment.
The basics are working. For those, that only want Squeezeplay on their device, I suppose to use roobarb's version.

Of course I'll keep all the necessary files for P'n'P on my servers so you can continue using it. But please don't expect any more updates.
May be I'll do if I really don't know what to do with me free time. But don't think so for now.

This forum and all the members are a great place to find solutions for problems that might arise.

thanks and have fun with your jogglers!
christian
gegs

Post by gegs »

Congratulations on successfully finishing your studies.

Although there are other ways to install software on the Joggler, none of them are as easy for non-technical users as your excellent P'n'P. Although I have installed most of the software in P'n'P, I still use your tools for other things, such as re-starting Tango or rebooting the Joggler. These seem to be a less drastic alternative to removing the power lead if something crashes.

Thanks for all your hard work for the Joggler community. I hope you keep in touch through the forum even if you can't spare development time.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Hi Christian,

Congratulations! Thanks for all your hard work with plug'n'pimp, you were a real trailblazer. Hope to see you back on the forum or over at xda in the future.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Congratulations! And thanks for all your work on the Joggler. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
bristoljoggler

Post by bristoljoggler »

yeah well done christian.

Good job with the thesis. Still I use the PnP as it is nice and simple, although waiting to make my next move on to somehting else, but it does work well nw and I dont want to comprimise it just incase.

Anyway best of luck with the job (although jobs are overated)
ch34

Post by ch34 »

Great news that you've completed your thesis christian! Congratulations :)

I use PnP on 3 Jogglers. The only change I made was to a different iPlayer which has better functionality.

Thank you for all your hard work and all the best on your job hunt!