Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30301)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30300)

Post by hawsey »

Same thing for me here, was sort of watching this thread with one eye open ;-) my new joggler arrived last night with old firmware so I set about creating Roobarbs reflash tool to update before PNP III ing it.
But I must have tried for 3 hours last night before finally remembering this thread arghhhh.
So I have a feeling it must be hidden extensions for me as well ; so how exactly did u see the said extensions ilovemyjoggler?
Will have another go tonight, bloody windows, now I am starting to see why people use Linux, I bet this would have just worked had I been using that.
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

hawsey wrote:; so how exactly did u see the said extensions ilovemyjoggler?
In Windows, isn't is something like Tools->Folder Options->View->Untick Hide extensions for known file types
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

And there we have it :-)
hidden file extensions was it ; one file had two gz and the other two md5 s at the end .

Thanks to all for the help , i'm getting thete now lol .
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Also thanks in particular to Roobarb for the re flash tool which has now flashed the latest openpeak image to my new Joggler in prep for PNP III.
Just thinking out loud here but is there any way the whole image including PNPIII could be flashed in one go? or is that not possible?
Cheers
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Yes; Thank you Roobarb for providing the community with a neato Joggler tool!

hawsey I think you could do a whole image set up and it would just be integrating the PnP3 script on the same stick. I mean it would a boot then check for OS then run script type thing.

My preferences are baby steps; but I am old and work slowly these days.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote:Also thanks in particular to Roobarb for the re flash tool which has now flashed the latest openpeak image to my new Joggler in prep for PNP III.
Just thinking out loud here but is there any way the whole image including PNPIII could be flashed in one go? or is that not possible?
It's possible, but it would actually be a bit limiting - storing PnPIII in a big image file would make updating it a real chew. What would happen is the big image file would inevitably fall further and further out of date, likely requiring a lengthly update procedure - which would defeat the object, really.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh I see that now :-)
Suppose thats the beauty of your reflash tool, you just add the latest version of whatever image you want and away you go ( in theory) lol
With a lot of people using Windows the hidden files thingy will probably crop up again I bet.
Thanks again, I now have my PNP III ed kitchen joggler up and running at the total cost of £26 English pounds off eBay ( white screen issue so sold cheap as parts) very happy Bunny :-)
Cheers
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

£26? That's a bargain! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yep B-)
My other joggler ( the one I did not try with the laptop charger :-!) would not flash back to the stock os no matter what I tried so eventually I gave up until even the efi chip gave up, Pete C kindly sent me out a new chip from the USA and then efi boot was ok I.e booting images off a stick, but it would still not flash back to stock os even with the last version of the reflash tool!!

So tonight after my eventual success with my el cheapo joggler I thought I would try this latest reflash tool on it, and to my amazement it worked first time, then I applied the PNPIII updates and all looks good so far.
Very strage! I did try everything before but to no avail so is it that this latest revision is better at resurecting jogglers or was it just good luck?
:-)
Happy Joggling
Chonker

Post by Chonker »

I mentioned it in another thread but when trying to use the updater my joggler gets to this screen and gets stuck.

I'm not sure what's supposed to happen so don't really know if this is an error message or just the first part of a long string of output and it's frozen?
pete

Post by pete »

Personally I never paid attention because it just worked.

I would maybe try another stick; format it with HP formatting program as mentioned; write the image to the stick and try again.

You can also "take a chance" of rewriting the EFI flash chip. That said if its bad though you could also brick it and right now it is booting to the O2 OS.

I would take it slow trying the easiest first; IE: another USB stick, reformat it and write the updated firmware first.

If you have a friend that will let you borrow his/hers O2 Joggler; you can do a hot swap the EFI chip; save its contents; hot swap write thing maybe or even test their EFI chip to see if it works for you. Takes a minute to test.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
JonB

Post by JonB »

Apologies if any of these questions have been answered, but the thread is getting loooong.

I am still running the O2 firmware. I checked for an update but there isn't one. My Joggler has been unused for quite a long time!

I am now having a play with it. I thought the services were being discontinued - Lounge and weather apps both working :)

To my questions then - If I reflash to OpenPeak, will I be able to restore the Lounge radio App and put SqueezePlayer on there? What is possible with the OpenPeak image? I've had a look but so far all I see is a load of games that I'd not play. I would like to try it but I'm not sure it is possible to save and restore my current image.

Cheers

JonB
gegs

Post by gegs »

Four pages in a thread isn't long on this forum ;-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

JonB wrote:Apologies if any of these questions have been answered, but the thread is getting loooong.

I am still running the O2 firmware. I checked for an update but there isn't one. My Joggler has been unused for quite a long time!

I am now having a play with it. I thought the services were being discontinued - Lounge and weather apps both working :)

To my questions then - If I reflash to OpenPeak, will I be able to restore the Lounge radio App and put SqueezePlayer on there? What is possible with the OpenPeak image? I've had a look but so far all I see is a load of games that I'd not play. I would like to try it but I'm not sure it is possible to save and restore my current image.

Cheers

JonB
Have a look here

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555
You can easily get rid of games etc if you don't want them.
Lounge radio working fine..
Happy Joggling
pigolato

Post by pigolato »

hawsey wrote:And there we have it :-)
hidden file extensions was it ; one file had two gz and the other two md5 s at the end .

Thanks to all for the help , i'm getting thete now lol .
I've just reflashed my 2 jogglers with Roobarb's firmware. Took me several attempts until I realised that the downloaded MD5 file had the wrong extension.
I think this is a Windows 7 bug.
I always have file extensions visible (one of the first things I alter when I install an OS - stupid of MS to have the default as hidden IMO).
Anyway I went onto an XP machine and the file downloaded correctly, and I was away.
I wonder if the two file extension delimiters confuses Win 7?
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Windows is confused itself by default :D
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Agreed this is a big problem with W7, I bet some people just give up , I nearly did a couple of times :-/ .
Happy Joggling
deeinlondon

Post by deeinlondon »

Is updating to this firmware of any use if I want to run Android on my Joggler?

Also where can I find step by step instructions on how to install Android on the internal Memory so I have my USB Port freed up.

I mainly want to use Android for alerts from Facebook, and various communication Apps if they'll work like Skype, Viber, whatsApp, Google Talk, etc
pete

Post by pete »

Dee,

Most of this thread is related to updating the core Openpeak firmware for the original Joggler stuff and added PnPIII updated stuff.

That said I am not sure how much this helps with the updated Android builds posted here:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318

That said I do utilize Skype on my tablet; new to me lately as I never did do the whole Skype plus video thing with my tablet.

The above noted there is no camera built into the Joggler. I think though you can do the rest of the stuff you want to do with PnPIII such that you don't need to install Android.

You can though give it a try to see if you like it. IE: comparing the Joggler PnPIII to the current Android Build?
Also where can I find step by step instructions on how to install Android on the internal Memory so I have my USB Port freed up.
You will not be able to fit the Android build on the internal memory. You can though add a 3rd internal USB port and run it most likely from a little mini USB stick or an SSD stick.
- Pete

Auto mater
frankl

Post by frankl »

Help!! I can't get to the 'Boot Joggler' stage as I'm stuck with running Diskimager.
On a 4MB SD card Windows Explorer shows 61MB (6.7 used and 54.2 free) formatted. Disk management in Control Panel shows 4 partitions. 61MB FAT Healthy (Active), 244MB Healthy (Unknown), 674MB Healthy (Unknown) and 2.73GB Unallocated.
There are 5 files in the 6.7MB used section which doesn't leave enough room to copy in the 'of1_30300_openpeak.img.gz' and ' .....img.gz.md5' files. There is no 'reflash directory'.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong! I'm new to Linux and Jogglers but have a fair experience on computers from ZX81 onwards.
PC is running XP SP3. Have tried different SD cards and writers. I am (trying to) follow 'Birdslikewires' article.
Any help greatly appreciated.