Angry Birds and other .exe games on Joggler?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Infinite Element

Angry Birds and other .exe games on Joggler?

Post by Infinite Element »

I have a Joggler with Plug'n'Pimp which I'm very happy with. I'm currently hooked on a Flash game.

It got me thinking, can we play .exe games via PnP somehow? I have Angry Birds on PC and would like to drag the .exe file onto my Joggler.
dwl99

Re: Angry Birds and other .exe games on Joggler?

Post by dwl99 »

The only games like that would be Flash games. There are quite a lot you can download & use PnP's Flash Player to play them. AFAIK there isn't a way to get Angry Birds to run on the native OS. You could always try it with WINE on Ubuntu but I wouldn't expect it to run very well, if at all.

EDIT - someone claims to have it working! http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/play ... -on-linux/
Infinite Element

Post by Infinite Element »

Hi,

That's a shame we can't get exe's to work on the native OS. PnP is really growing on me.

It's good that it works on Ubuntu, though. I'm sure that'll be useful for some people. Sounds a bit confusing, though. Some of the comments suggest it's not just a case of installing Wine and dragging the file across.
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.