Temporary white screen

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ilovemyjoggler

Temporary white screen

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

My kitchen joggler has been off for a few days (coz I'm still fannying about turning it on and off to switch between XBMC OS and squeezeplay on PNPIII - dangerous I know). Switched on today and was faced with a white screen which very slooooowly turned to black. That's a first for me. Have had a look through the forum and see it's a known issue. My question is, is it anything that I need to worry about? Thanks!
pete

Re: Temporary white screen

Post by pete »

I've seen that with some of my Jogglers. It seems to happen first time boot after they have not been booted in a while. It goes away on the next boot.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

A relief that it's not a precursor of something serious! Thanks Pete.
gegs

Post by gegs »

I think it's a cold boot thing. I get the white screen if the Joggler's been off for a while and I switch it on. I don't get it if I reboot into the stock OS straight after powering down Linux Mint or another USB distro.
pukington

Temporary white screen

Post by pukington »

I get the same, I only use mine once in a blue moon and it always boots white. It didn't when I first had it, but few months, well, a year down the line this is every boot. I've had no other problems.
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

It's your Joggler's way of telling you it is feeling neglected ! ;-)

Its a bit ironic really as I think this happens because the Joggler is cold, and it has issues with cooling when hot, and it was sold as something to put on top of your fridge/freezer !

But, I've known worse. An Archos tablet I bought and didn't use for 3/4 months refused to charge, over winter. I had to sit it on top of a hot water bottle under a duvet for a while before it would take a charge ! Maybe this would be a solution for the Joggler's temperamental boot after not being used for some time ?

ACA !