Calendar

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gman

Calendar

Post by gman »

Hi there

Is there calendar app that is big enough to fill the Joggler screen or am I stuck with the google calendar that is very small, as the main reason i bought the joggler was for the calendar?

Alternatively do I need to install some new software, at the moment I have got :

Firmware 8686.S3(boardrev:2) [ID=24665]
Software 26635.S3 Jun 25 2010:14:30:20

This means that it is pre update doesn't it?

Thanks
jpharvey

Re: Calendar

Post by jpharvey »

Not sure exactly what you want but i have been writing a calendar screen saver which lists calendar events for the next seven days showing date, start time and description. It pulls the information from google calendar so shares the information with the calendar app.
Its almost ready for making available to people, but taken slightly longer than i had hoped.
gman

Post by gman »

Hi

Will it take up the full screen? My wifes eyesight isn't too great which is why the google calendar which measures about 6cm x 6cm is way too small for her to use ! It is from Opera widgets.

I think I have gathered that I may need to update my ' preupdated Joggler' to pnpIII.

It s a right pain when you come across a gadget you know nothing about and you try to take in as much info as possible then find out it doesn't work if you use a flippin' applemac!

Hopefully i ll be able to get friend with a pc so that I can try out your new screensaver

Thanks
spoyser

Calendar

Post by spoyser »

Sounds good but any reason for it to be a screensaver rather than an application?
jpharvey

Post by jpharvey »

For me i was just trying to display something useful when the screensaver kicks in.
Time is ok but the upcoming calendar appointments seemed more useful and you dont need to run it so if you say go into the weather app and then leave it there you dont have to come out and switch to the calendar app, just let the screensaver start.
There is nothing stopping it being an app as well if you want but it only displays things, it doesnt do any editing, but there is already an calendar app for that so i wasnt planning to compete with that.
And i normally put the appointments into the calendar from whatever computer i'm using more often than from the joggler.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

I've never been able to use the google calendar function on my jogglers, stock os or pnpIII. Every time I edit an event on my pc or iphone it creates a whole new entry on the joggler version of the calendar - total pain and confusing. Once had 5 versions of the same event! :? I've never been able to get to the bottom of it.

Any ideas? Would be nice to sort this out as I really like the idea of the calendar screensaver. Ta.
jpharvey

Post by jpharvey »

No real idea, though i dont actually use the calendar app on the joggler & the screensaver is completely seperate from that so you can have this without using the calendar on the joggler.
I did try to see if i could reproduce your problem
Created event on joggler calendar
edited on my pc
tried to change it on the joggler
The problem i ran into was that the joggler didnt show the changes from the pc without exiting and coming back to the calendar app.
So it seems to cache things, but not sure how often it updates its info and doing an update from 2 computers close together you can definately loose one of the updates.
But i've not managed to get duplicate entries.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

It's odd, right? But has always been that way for me. I did a search a while back and saw that people were getting dup entries between phone and pc sync but that's never been my problem. There's probably a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing.

So, long story short is that, for me, your screensaver may well do nicely.

Anyway, thanks for trying! :)