02 Bricked Joggler - No Recovery Options Working - SOLVED

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
enly1

Re: 02 Bricked Joggler - No Recovery Options Working - SOLVE

Post by enly1 »

Quick update - didn't help.

I deleted all partitions, created a single new one, formatted as fat16 and then reflashed with roobarbs tools ( with the repart file in reflash folder ).

It booted, reflashed, fired up once, on power off and on went into a boot loop. So reflashed again and it booted up again once or twice and then won't boot any more.

I'm going to clone across my working joggler partitions tonight and see if it behaves any better.
enly1

Post by enly1 »

So - after all that - I decided to backup the full 1GB flash from my working PNPIII tweeked joggler, booted again into Linux on the bad one, rewrite the entire flash and reboot - now on 5th reboot and all is absolutely fine.

So not sure what the issue with the internal flash actually is and what gets upset that the repartition and reflash tools don't resolve, but something is amiss.

I did have a bit of an issue with squeezeplay (as it was actually configured and set to be in sync before the copy) but a few renames, synchronize changes and both appear to be behaving fine now :-)

So I now have 3 working Jogglers that at least at cursory glance appear stable.
mitch2811

Post by mitch2811 »

good to hear you got it working think it might be worth getting roobarb(petec) to put up a full dump of a working joggler and change the rewrite tool to just extract and clone memory. Once I am finished with some touch screen software project going to finally finish off the arcade machine mod for the joggler with emu support and might have a look at creating a reflash tool for naughty jogglers with the option for re-flash or restore image.
if you get further issue with the problem joggler might be worth looking at the psu hoping you dont need to though.
right time to make a list of stuff I need to finish
1. Touch Screen app for Stroke victims
2. Mini Cocktail Arcade table with joggler
3. Restore and reflash tool
4. Get the garden sorted and finishing building the extension
Shes a lucky woman my wife I always put her stuff 4th.
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Number 2 sounds interesting ;)

Keep us informed please.

Cheers.
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

Hi everyone,I lost power the other night, my sons joggler will not boot up. We have 4 in total the others are okay.

I have tried the reflash tool and the openpeak img with no luck. It is stuck on the openpeak logo.

I have used the usb sticks before and know they work.

I have never used telnet for jogglers so hopefully someone could help me. They are great little machine now that I use pnp111,

Hopefully it can be fixed. Any help much appreciated.
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

Quick update
Managed to reflash but would not boot up. Installed openpeak img image and it booted up. So I tried to reflash again and it said a problem with EFI. It will not boot up at all now cannot install openpeak image.

Struggling ready to pull my hair out.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Is the error message on a bright blue screen? If so, is it the same error message as this?

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=746
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

No I cannot get anything on it now. It showed about four or five actions such as populating and formatting ( I think) but now it is stuck on openpeak screen
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

No I cannot get anything on it now. It showed about four or five actions such as populating and formatting ( I think) but now it is stuck on openpeak screen

I have tried to boot linux mint but still stuck on openpeak logo Its as if it cannot boot up from usb
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

I'm no expert in this, but as you stated in :

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =20#p13664

it seems something may have happened to the EFI chip. There are a few threads on here on reflashing the EFI chip. Another possibility is to remove the EFI chip from one of your functioning Jogglers and try it in the problem Joggler. But bear in mind that there are differences between Jogglers and I think that there may be issues on using an EFI chip from an openpeak to an o2 Joggler or vice versa. Best ask here or do some searches. It is also possible to get spare EFI chips and flash these too. There is some discussion on this in the Coreboot and SeaBIOS thread.

If you have a USB stick that works in the other Jogglers you have and you try this in the problem Joggler without success, then I'd be inclined to think it was EFI issues.

I have a few Jogglers that don't boot, but don't get as far as the o2/openpeak logo, but I will be trying some EFI sorcery soon, I hope...

I'm also interested to understand what can happen to Jogglers running off a USB stick when the power is cut. Seems it can be bad. This is why I'd like to find out if there are things that can be done to limit the impact on power outage.

HTH