A few noob questions from a PNPIII user...

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
sijones

A few noob questions from a PNPIII user...

Post by sijones »

Hi Everyone,
Have just acquired a Joggler running PNPIII (from offbeatdave as it happens, who patiently coached me ino getting it set up). It's parked on the study table, where it's a welcome addition, doing a good job, covering ground somewhere inbetween all the other gadgets in the house: unlike the PC, you don't have to wait for it to boot up to have a quick check on something online; unlike the tablet, my son can't run off with it; unlike my android phone, it's big enough to use; and the internet radio's brilliant...

But I must admit, I don't really UNDERSTAND it, or how it works. So here are a few newbie questions. I've searched around the forum for answers, and haven't come up with anything, but apologies if these are old chestnuts...

1) Is there a simple general Email app that I can use to view my various accounts: like the email function on my phone, that lets me quickly check on my personal (IMAP), work (POP3) & (least important) gmail accounts. In fact, is it even possible to add an app that didn't come ready-bundled into PnPIII? I have dedicated gmail, Yahoo & hotmail buttons on the Joggler already.

2) Can the Joggler read a USB stick with images on it - in exactly the same way that you put an SD card into a digital photo frame? I was wondering about leaving one of those tiny stumpy USB sticks permanently attached with some JPGs (and maybe MP3s). I've successfully copied some images into the Joggler's internal memory, but I appreciate this is a finite space, and it's already 1/2 full.

3) Finally, is it possible to look at files / media in the internal memory, to copy, delete etc - in a similar way to using Windows Explorer on a PC? I'm no use at command line antics.

Any advice, or points in the right direction would be appreciated. And if you think THOSE were stupid questions, just wait 'til I have a go at getting the Squeezebox working...

cheers!
Nasedo

Re: A few noob questions from a PNPIII user...

Post by Nasedo »

In my opinion, the quickest and simplest solution may be Android Froyo. Why?

1. You'll be able to use pop3 and IMAP acounts.
2. You'll be able to put some of your photos on memory stick, then use it as photo frame.
3. There's many file managers available for Android...

... Finally, Android will cause no harm for original OS, everything will be installed and booted from pendrive.

Maybe this is solution for you?
hawsey

Re: A few noob questions from a PNPIII user...

Post by hawsey »

Agreed, have a look at this thread
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=318
You can even attach a Bluetooth dongle and send files from your phone to it :-)
Video is dodgy tho :-/
Happy Joggling