[RELEASE] XBMC for O2 Joggler (discontinued)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ilovemyjoggler

Re: [RELEASE] XBMC for O2 Joggler (discontinued)

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hi Pete

I've only just seen that you have been adding to this post. I think, because you edited an existing post rather than create a new one people may have missed that you have actually created an image with a link to download it!

I'll definitely try this out for you but it's unlikely to be for a few days.

I've downloaded the 2 zips. I'm confused though - is it 2 different images or one image split into 2 for upload purposes?

Thanks!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hey you are right ilovemyjoggler , I had no idea you had made these images ,Pete :-) thanks , will try test this weekend when free it must be because you edited your post that we did not see them , I use mainly tapatalk on android and the posts don't show up on it as new ..
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Sorry folks.

It was a test to see if you are reading the forum. ;)

Yup; its two files that make up one image file uploaded to two places.

That said this is the small build with only XBMC running. If it works OK will make a new post of it.

There is one issue with it which will involve a hands on thing using SSH / WinSCP.

Other than that it works fine. Well its way slower using a regular USB stick versus an SSD USB stick (but that is me here).

You can also do a 3 OS boot with Grub menu Joggler using a 16Gb SSD (4 Gb + 4 Gb + 8 Gb). One for BuZz's build, two fer XBMC and three fer Squeezeplayer.

You will need to plug in a keyboard and configure it to remember whatever was last booted.

I tried building a couple of different GUI builds and they get too fat to fast for my liking using LUbuntu or skinny LXDE.

Best to use BuZz's build here.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

Hi Pete!

I want to try this - but what's the ssh/winscp issue about?

Ooops - fallen at first post - can't figure out how to get combined img file ......
pete

Post by pete »

Hello castalla,

Happy New Year to you.

The image file is just a two part zip. I used 7 zip to create the two zips from the one image file.

I had issues with the network manager in XBMC as it depends on the GUI network manager pieces today.

I got it sort of working (without a GUI) as you can see the wireless devices (in XBMC) but you cannot connect to them.

Best way right now is to use SSH / WinSCP to configure the wireless manually which works fine but can be a PITA.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
talkingbollox

Post by talkingbollox »

BuZz wrote:When the new release of kodi is available it will be upgradable as this image uses my repository for xbmc (it is based on my ubuntu 12.04 base image). (so when I push out new xbmc for the joggler, it can benefit).

to upgrade the current xbmc on this image it should be enough to do this in a terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install xbmc
Hello Buzz, is Kodi 14 in your repository? It's just that when I tried updating using "sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install xbmc" it's saying it's the lastest version i.e. 13.2?

Thanks
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

not yet - I've started on it - but I have a few things to sort. I may not build it for precise though so you may need my ubuntu 14.04.