[RELEASE] XBMC for O2 Joggler (discontinued)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
touchstone

Re: [RELEASE] XBMC for O2 Joggler

Post by touchstone »

I spoke too early about vaapi patches being committed to xbmc master -- #2599 ("Partial fix for ffmpeg VAAPI") was accepted, but #2460 ("Add VAAPI VPP support for deinterlacing") is still under discussion.

Thanks Buzz, for the work you've put into these projects.
jazzman7411

Post by jazzman7411 »

Any updates on this build ?
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hello. I'm trying to install the xbmchub maintenance tool which should be available through fusion (which I'd installed previously). I can't for the life of me find it. Has anyone seen it/used it/know where I should look. I've had a rummage through the xbmc forum but can't find anything to illuminate. Thanks!
pete

Post by pete »

Here is the repo; couldn't find the install via Fusion. Looks like the link is gone and just the repo remains.

Got it from here:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmchub-m ... -tool.html
Attachments
repository.xbmchub-1.0.1.zip
(390.56 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thanks for the links Pete.

I already have this repo installed but can't see the maintenance tool. I'll try a fresh install of the repo just in case - it's probably got a more to do with my (lack of) powers of observation!
pete

Post by pete »

Yup; here I installed it on a new XBMC configured box and just quickly checked for the maintainance tool and it is there.
Attachments
pic-0.jpg
pic-1.jpg
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
iLLiac4

Post by iLLiac4 »

Hi. It makes me happy that you all like XBMC for O2 Joggler. I hope i will find some time to build new image with some modifications and update scripts so you will not need to ssh into it so often. ATM i am pretty busy with my work, because a lot of stuff has to be done, in the firm I am working for as sys admin ATM.

I almost have to remove the file from the hosting, because it was obviously causing too much traffic or. using too much storage space... I do not know the real reason. If anyone would like to make a mirror of it or. host it somewhere else just do it and tell me the link. After that I will add the link on the first post.
TNX and enjoy fine iLLiac4 release ;)
pete

Post by pete »

I re-compressed your XBMC image breaking it down to three pieces and am uploading it to my dropbox (free account) today.

Your image is currently running well on my Openframe 2 box using the 2Gb of internal MMC. Its runs nicely. The device also has an internal PATA and SD ports on it; such that will try the SD card installation of XBMC next (?)

Will provide said links once uploaded.
- Pete

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

pete_c wrote:Yup; here I installed it on a new XBMC configured box and just quickly checked for the maintainance tool and it is there.
Pete, I reinstalled using your link and the maintenance tool appeared right away. Clearly there was something wrong with the repo I had on fusion. Thanks again!
Last edited by ilovemyjoggler on Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete

Post by pete »

Interesting. Today I went to upload a mirror copy of the initial OP and Dropbox is down. Never seen that before. Will put it on Google instead.
- Pete

Auto mater
gegs

Post by gegs »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Hello. I'm trying to install the xbmchub maintenance tool which should be available through fusion (which I'd installed previously). I can't for the life of me find it. Has anyone seen it/used it/know where I should look. I've had a rummage through the xbmc forum but can't find anything to illuminate. Thanks!
Never look for anything to do with XBMC Hub on the official forum. It's unofficial and unsupported there and the devs normally don't take too kindly to mentioning it. You have to visit the XBMC Hub site; they've posted instructions for installation of the new XBMC Hub Wizard addon here: http://bit.ly/135FsY0

XBMC Hub has its own repo that I think can be installed using the Repositories Installer*. After that you should just be able to add the Maintenance Tool either as a Program or Video addon like all the rest. No need to install it through Fusion.

*I may be wrong about this. I used the XBMC Hub wizard to modify my iPad and Apple TV installations of XBMC - the repo may have been added to my list then.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

gegs wrote:Never look for anything to do with XBMC Hub on the official forum. It's unofficial and unsupported there and the devs normally don't take too kindly to mentioning it. You have to visit the XBMC Hub site; they've posted instructions for installation of the new XBMC Hub Wizard addon here: http://bit.ly/135FsY0
Sorry gegs - I should make much more of an effort to be clear and accurate! It was the hub that I searched as I was trying to fix 1channel and I know the official forum is quite fierce about that addon. At the time I did find the page you kindly linked for me but as I already had the repo - and couldn't find the tool - it threw me.

For anyone who's interested... I used the tool and then deleted it. My little usb couldn't cope with the extra load and everything slowed down to a painful crawl. Nifty little thing though and I noticed that spoyser had a finger in that pie too. Thanks Spoyser!

Also for anyone who's interested...it didn't help as 1channel still won't work (not for me that is). :(
gegs

Post by gegs »

There's a 1channel fix in the Maintenance Tool. It worked for me recently (unless things have changed again since then).
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

gegs wrote:There's a 1channel fix in the Maintenance Tool. It worked for me recently (unless things have changed again since then).
Yes. Youtube is full of happy people as the fix worked for them too. An update is now available for 1channel and the fix seems to update to the new version. Neither method worked on my joggler but i'm using gotham and maybe that's why? Incidentally, icefilms also stopped working. I updated it and it's better but now has no audio. As i can't lipread...

Bad news comes in threes, I'm slightly nervous about what addon i'll lose next.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Hi folks. Just decided to have a play with this today. I would really like to run the older TVCatchup app at startup. Can this be done (e.g. via the autoexec.py file). I know the later version of the TVCatchup app has an autostart function, but I prefer the older version of the app on the Joggler! Any thoughts?

EDIT: As usual, I ask the question and then suss it out. After a couple of hours getting it wrong, I've got it right by making sure the only thing in my autoexec.py file was

Code: Select all

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunAddon(plugin.video.tvcatchup)')
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

OK, all up and running. Is there a clock screensaver other than qlock for XBMC? That's all I need to make it the OS of choice on one of my Jogglers.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

some skins have built in clock like the joggler skin afaik.

You may already know this :)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Ah.. Didn't know this. Will have to have a play with skins (that are touch ones).
swifty

Post by swifty »

@BuZz, I grabbed the latest release of this a few days ago to put some new life in my old jogglers and updated to Frodo (just using apt-get update / apt-get install xbmc to do the upgrade)

It upgraded fine to Frodo 12.2 which I assume is using your repository ? - But, I don't seem to have any PVR addons installed.. and there are none available when I search in the addon manager.

Any chance that we could get a build with the PVR addons built? - I am specifically looking for Mediaportal and NextPVR.

Cheers!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

swifty wrote:@BuZz, I grabbed the latest release of this a few days ago to put some new life in my old jogglers and updated to Frodo (just using apt-get update / apt-get install xbmc to do the upgrade)

It upgraded fine to Frodo 12.2 which I assume is using your repository ? - But, I don't seem to have any PVR addons installed.. and there are none available when I search in the addon manager.

Any chance that we could get a build with the PVR addons built? - I am specifically looking for Mediaportal and NextPVR.

Cheers!
Yes 12.2 is from my joggler repository.

PVR addons are not found in the main repo afaik but they are shipped with some builds.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PV ... th_XBMC.3F

you can get pre-build ones from here http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html (choose linux 32bit) - so try that and I'll look into how to get them shipped with future xbmc for the joggler.