OLD, ORIGINAL SOFT, QUESTIONS ABOUT O2 JOGGLER:
1. Why O2 Joggler has IMEI number? Is any simcard pre-installed? When I start to using Messages application, I have a information "Your O2 Joggler number is 07xxxyyyzzz". I would like to mention, I bought Joggler from someone who used it before. I do understand sending / receiving text messages is not available any more, as O2-UK is not supporting Joggler.
2. Application not updating themselves at all. What does it mean? For example: Sky News Weather Last Updated Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Sky Sports: Last Updated 30 Apr 2010. Youtube is completely useless, of course I can search for anything I want, but if I want to display anything, the following message appears: Selected video cannot be played. It may be removed or restricted - Is the old software are completely useless right now? (WiFi connection has been set up properly - I can search for videos, I can use Google Maps, watch BBC etc.)
UPDATES - DIY - BUT... BEGINNING IS NOT EASY
3. What is a good choice for the very beginning?
Shall I start from Open Peak version from 14th of June 2012, or maybe start from PnP III?
4. If I will choose Open Peak, I have quite good advice:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 664#p11705
It looks quite simple - but, why in this "Reflashing tool" has not been recommended?
5. If I will choose PnP III, it will be a little bit harder. I have read the following thread:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=555
I understood, what I need to do is:
Do I need to download PnP3_v3.045.zip file, and just extract to any formated pendrive, formated for example under the Windows with FAT/FAT32 file system?Pre-OpenPeak updated Jogglers (Original o2 software)
1) Unzip the downloaded archive and copy all the files to a formatted USB stick. Make sure any hidden files are copied.
2) Preferably make sure your Joggler is clean and connected to your network (although connection shouldn't be required). I use the reflash from birdslikewires.co.uk to achieve this. See here for more info.
3) Plug the USB stick into a clean pre-updated Joggler, reboot and leave it to do its thing! This can take 12-20 minutes depending on the USB stick. It may 'reboot' a few times but will stay on the 'OpenPeak' or 'o2' boot screen.
4) The Joggler will eventually reboot into the OS with all the new apps and icons
5) You will need to remove the 'remove_for_new_install' file from the USB stick to use it again.
SSH, SCP (username: letmeinssh password: joggler1234) and Telnet (username: letmein) will be enabled.
Simple Webserver available via a browser at <YOUR_JOGGLER'S_IP_ADDRESS>
Logitech Media Server (LMS) available via a browser at <YOUR_JOGGLER'S_IP_ADDRESS:9000>
You will need to log into LMS to finish enabling iPlayer radio plugins. Tick them in Plugin Settings and Apply changes.
Do I need another pendrive for reflasher? I presume, I need. Following instructions from:
I'm preparing pendrive and then, I will need to copy two files into the reflash directory, like: app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz and jogglerflash.sh - and it will be ready, am I correct?
Another advice is "Plug the USB stick into a clean pre-updated Joggler" - after reflashing is anything I can do / I have to do, like WiFi configuration, or maybe nothing is recommended?
After this I should reboot the Joggler - I don't know how to reboot, or maybe "updater" will do this for me?
I will really appreciate if someone want to clarify those for me. Thanks in advance.