youtube, facebook.

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
mattjax05

youtube, facebook.

Post by mattjax05 »

Hi - just registered to this forum so hello.

I seem to be having a problem with the o2 app for youtube and the install for facebook. On youtube nearly every video wont play, I get an error saying its restricted or removed!

I didn't have this problem when I first bought the joggler a week ago but since then I have installed plug n pimp mainly for Squeezeplay. I then decided to uninstall Squeezeplay in favour for the 'birds like wires' version of Squeezeplay. I did also install Facebook via ssh from wiki, the app installed but when I entered the username and password Facebook wouldn't recognise them, so I unstalled facebook via ssh, not sure if I done it right but the app was removed from the joggler. Anyway all apps seem to work ok now bar the youtube one and obviously Facebook which I no longer have?

Any suggestions please.....

Thanks, Matt
dwl99

Re: youtube, facebook.

Post by dwl99 »

the youtube app is broken ever since youtube started embedding adverts into the vids :-(

There is no fix.
mattjax05

Post by mattjax05 »

Oh ok thanks. Does youtube work ok with ubuntu installed via memory stick?

And any news on facebook or is that broken too?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

with linux on a memory stick, you can use youtube in a web browser, or via an xbmc plugin. You can basically do anything you can do on a desktop linux environment within the limitations of the joggler (cpu power, ram etc). it can even play h264 1080p video with hardware acceleration