wrong power supply

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Jonathan Bowley

wrong power supply

Post by Jonathan Bowley »

moved house and lost the joggler power supply, so was using one from a virgin telly box... worked a treat it did.

subsequently found the original power supply and asked the OH to pass it to me at the end of a long day. she handed me a linksys router power supply which i plugged in without batting an eyelid... the joggler screen lit up for about 2 seconds and promptly died. the smell was quite something.

so, the question is, can the joggler be resurrected?
dwl99

Re: wrong power supply

Post by dwl99 »

Oh dear - time to replace your Joggler and the OH :-)

If you're lucky it will have just burnt out an internal fuse but if you smelled burning it has probably gone beyond that. You'll need to disassemble it & have a look inside.
roobarb!

wrong power supply

Post by roobarb! »

Ooh, dear. Sounds bad. But, get it open and take some pics. Perhaps we can offer some advice.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Re: wrong power supply

Post by hawsey »

Poor you Jonathan :'(
there is a post on here recently with a cracked screen joggler for sale , might be a quick fix for you assuming the screen is ok on yours .
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

wrong power supply

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote:Poor you Jonathan :'(
there is a post on here recently with a cracked screen joggler for sale , might be a quick fix for you assuming the screen is ok on yours .
That's good thinking. With any luck you could just swap the screens - an easy job to do.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)