OpenPeak 2 and Joggler developer giveaway!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: OpenPeak 2 and Joggler developer giveaway!

Post by BuZz »

Woops!

Hope you get it sorted. Perhaps another way would be to force it to pull an "update" from a local webserver which has a modified update with telnet enabled or something ?

have you nmapped the device to see what ports are open etc ? in case there is another way in.
roobarb!

OpenPeak 2 and Joggler developer giveaway!

Post by roobarb! »

No ports open, but the update trick is a good one. I'll have to try and work out where it got that file from to spoof it, though. And grab another copy - the copy I made is on the internal flash that I can't get access to!

Urgh, and figure out how it checks for updates. I can't tell you how cross I am with myself for allowing it to update!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Oh Roobarb! I really really hope you get it sorted.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Oh Roobarb! I really really hope you get it sorted.
Thank you! I need to figure out where it grabbed that 'app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz' update from. If I can get a copy of that, then I can take a look at some of the system files and see if there's still an update mechanism in place.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Think I'll spin this out into it's own thread. Who knows, I may even get access to it again one day!