OpenPeak 2 and Joggler developer giveaway!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gegs

Re: OpenPeak 2 and Joggler developer giveaway!

Post by gegs »

Well done on the allocation, although I must say the decision can't have been all that difficult.
offbeatdave and roobarb! have contributed enormously to the Joggler community and it's pretty obvious to anyone spending more than ten minutes on the forum that they deserve their new toys ... er I mean gadgets ... er no, I mean development hardware.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

PM sent Buzz!

Rather unexpected I have to say but, at the risk of sounding like an Oscar winner, I am humbled and honoured! Thank you sooo much. I shall have fun with it I'm sure!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

I have 5 Jogglers, which is plenty. :D
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Nice one Buzz! That reminds me, I need to finish building the WiFi drivers for the OpenPeak 2 :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Sorry for the delay in sending the items. just been really busy. I'll get em boxed up today.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The two openframes are boxed up ready for posting which will most likely happen on Monday.

One is Telio branded, and one is Openpeak. I have included power supplies with UK plugs. (One is a all in one, and one is a laptop style with kettle lead). Might be some useful apps on them also - I booted them up and there looked to be a few apps I didn't recognise.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Parcels sent.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Look at what's on my desk!

I've not even switched it on yet. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

looks nice! enjoy!
Angelo
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

roobarb! wrote:Look at what's on my desk!

I've not even switched it on yet. :)
Proud daddy. Sweet! :)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

It boots! In the process of backing everything up. Had a bit of a surprise when it tried to apply an update. ;)

Feels like Christmas! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Out of the box it runs v26087 of the OpenPeak software on firmware 8578 (boardrev 2). I'm going to let it update and see where we end up (everything is backed up now). The internal flash memory is 2GB as compared to the Joggler's / OpenFrame 1's 1GB, and it's an awful lot faster to access. Just had a read speed of 12MB/s.

Processor is the same; Intel Atom Z520 at 1.33GHz, 512KB cache. 512MB RAM, so that's the same too.

Wireless is different - it's a broadcom BCM43xx family chip. The new speakers are a huge improvement.

There are a few different apps; there's a Phone app that requires registration, Contacts, Thermostat for a company called 'Lennox', Energy app, Ambiance (good looking app which plays ambient sound - including an aircraft cabin(?!)). Ooh, this is interesting. A Media app that shows Photos, plays Music, Videos and Podcasts (from the p4 media partition, I think). Client for Mediafly. Ooh - a UPnP app! Is that present on the new Joggler OpenPeak firmware? Health app - a sort of first aid guide. Funky robotic clock - that's quite fun. Incredibly loud game called Sling. Awful looking game called Smiley. And a Call Logs app.

I made a slightly comical first-boot video, so I'll upload that as soon as I can.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Telnet login is root! Mine's here too (but not updated from v26087 since switching on! Hours of fun, here I come...

Thanks once again!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Right, updating now... it's fetched a file called app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz, although I don't know from what URL. Grabbed a copy of it and of the EFI.

UPDATE: It's coming back up, now Telio-branded on the boot splash. Really hope I got a successful read of the EFI before it did that!

Hmm, I appear to be entering a boot-loop, the same as some Jogglers did after updating. Continually downloading an update, then restarting.

UPDATE: Maybe they were genuine updates! It seems to have stopped now.

BuZz or offbeatdave: If you have an OpenFrame 2 that boots with the OpenPeak logo, could you dump the EFI contents so I can compare with the one I got? I'll not be reflashing the EFI until I know mine is safe, but I prefer booting with the OpenPeak logo.

Also, this default Telio software has Telnet disabled. I think a new OS based on the one recently supplied by OpenPeak may be the way to go, especially as this one is very Danish!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

offbeatdave wrote:Telnet login is root! Mine's here too (but not updated from v26087 since switching on! Hours of fun, here I come...
Don't update!!

I've just discovered that the update seems to disable booting from the USB port! Just tried the Joggler's hit-escape-a-lot trick and it didn't stop the boot. Nuts, nuts, nuts.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

This is almost as exciting as the athletics! Good luck!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Hehe - feeling like I've just tripped over a hurdle and landed on my face at the moment. I've managed to halt the boot using ESC and a different keyboard. Trying to get it to fire up grub, but I'm working my way up the fs0, fs1, fs2 combos pretty quickly.

I can halt the boot and then call fs0:boot and it goes into the Telio software with no trouble. Going to try another USB device.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

roobarb! wrote:Right, updating now... it's fetched a file called app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz, although I don't know from what URL. Grabbed a copy of it and of the EFI.

UPDATE: It's coming back up, now Telio-branded on the boot splash. Really hope I got a successful read of the EFI before it did that!

Hmm, I appear to be entering a boot-loop, the same as some Jogglers did after updating. Continually downloading an update, then restarting.

UPDATE: Maybe they were genuine updates! It seems to have stopped now.

BuZz or offbeatdave: If you have an OpenFrame 2 that boots with the OpenPeak logo, could you dump the EFI contents so I can compare with the one I got? I'll not be reflashing the EFI until I know mine is safe, but I prefer booting with the OpenPeak logo.

Also, this default Telio software has Telnet disabled. I think a new OS based on the one recently supplied by OpenPeak may be the way to go, especially as this one is very Danish!
I have a Telio boot logo and telnet works from the off. Not tried USB yet.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

offbeatdave wrote:I have a Telio boot logo and telnet works from the off. Not tried USB yet.
If you give USB a shot, let me know how you get on. I can reliably boot fs0:boot, but fs1, fs2, etc - no beans. Stick tested on Joggler and works fine.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Okay. I'm at a loss now, and feeling pretty dumb.

It boots, and I can freeze the boot by doing the usual repeated-hitting of ESC. I can then type (blind), but nothing happens unless I type 'fs0:boot', in which case the Telio-branded OS comes up. Watching the USB stick as the Telio OS starts it is definitely mounted, but whether the update mechanism we use to install SSH is kicking in, it's impossible to tell.

As far as I can see, I have three roads. The first is to keep trying with the EFI startup and get an external OS running again. That would be ideal. Second, attempt to get into the Telio OS in some way; I'm going to go back through the old Joggler hacking documentation and see what can be done. Third and finally... open the thing up and see if the EFI chip can be swapped. :cry:

Any help greatly appreciated!