New ICS build > mporting.com

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
kappa__2

New ICS build > mporting.com

Post by kappa__2 »

Check it out. >> http://www.mporting.com/category/android/

Downloading now.

:)
danfoshizzle

Re: New ICS build > mporting.com

Post by danfoshizzle »

Cheers for posting, Wanted to try binary translation on the joggler!
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

kappa__2 wrote:Check it out. >> http://www.mporting.com/category/android/

Downloading now.

:)
Mijuu beat me to it! :( Damn you non-building Android... I had binary translation included in my next build!

Yeah, I'm still having issues compiling. Two full reinstalls later and it still won't work!
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Try going back to 11.10, I know at least one more person 12.04 is giving problems to. Also, you can still work some magic, like maybe some speed improvements and such.
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

danfoshizzle wrote:Try going back to 11.10, I know at least one more person 12.04 is giving problems to. Also, you can still work some magic, like maybe some speed improvements and such.
I rolled back all the way to 10.10! I'll try again with 11.10 though. I'll do my best - and I think (not tested yet) I just need to build a WPA-Suppliant for the 7E WiFi and that will work :)
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

nice work dude, mijuu's new ics is quite nice binary translatioj works well although a little slow keyboard is huge!!!
more to come!!

Banzai

Post by Banzai »

is it possible to root it?
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Its rooted already, superuser is installed and root check from market confirms!
more to come!!

Juggler

Post by Juggler »

I think I'm doing something wrong as when I boot I get stuck on Detecting Android-x86, which just goes on and on with dots ......... and no pen drive activity.

I have downloaded

ICS_Joggler_4.0.4_Alpha3 [120.82 MB]
Easy_to_use_package_Usbdisk(ICS) [1.51 MB]

from

http://www.mporting.com/download/

and extracted them to a freshly formatted 2GB FAT pen drive.

Actually, first I just extracted ICS_Joggler_4.0.4_Alpha3 to the pen drive with the same result.

This is the Google translate of

http://www.mporting.com/2012/06/ics-4-0 ... er-alpha3/

which is interesting....

ICS 4.0.4 for Joggler alpha3
Posted on June 23, 2012 by Mijuu

Update alpha3 be able to run the ARM program
1, the upgrade to 4.0.4
2, the introduction of the Intel x86 Android phone ARM simulation library, a large part of the ARM program can run. Thank http://www.buildroid.org Dan analog library hack into, thanks to Intel's efforts, but also thanks to the U.S. hi-pda paopaomj remind

Tried QQ2012 micro letter, GO PAD version of the input method is no problem, angry birds can run, but the picture is very slow, there is no graphics acceleration A ...

Download

http://www.mporting.com/download/

Installation method is the same as before, if you have the android system, only need to replace the five files in the android folder can:

An external USB easy to use: more than a 2G U disk formatted as FAT partitions, the download ICS_Joggler_4.0.4_Alpha3.zip, unzip to the root directory, to download Easy_to_use_package_Usbdisk.zip, extract the U-packing to cover directory, connect Joggler boot.
2 external USB Advanced use: more than a 2G U disk formatted to 3 partitions (partition image before you can use Linux to format the partition, or write to partition), a district is divided into the FAT around 300MB (boot area), the second district is divided into the Ext4 more than 1G (DATA area), the remaining capacity is divided into the FAT, as the third district (SD card area). Then to download ICS_Joggler_4.0.3_Alpha.zip extract to the root directory, connected Joggler boot can be.
3, Built: Alpha version, but have not tested the built-in, it is not recommended built-in. But the theory is no problem, the strong hands of previous methods.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Follow his instructions exactly if you have not already, regarding the partition scheme of the stick, I did not do this first and got exactly what you are getting now, so boot into Linux if you can and format the USB flash into three partitions, one fat32, 300MB, one ext4, 1.2GB, and the rest as fat32 to be used as an SD card, and unzip all files to 300MB fat32 partition, and all should be good, if it does not work then try another stick, or try wiping the stick with the hp USB format tool and trying again
more to come!!

Juggler

Post by Juggler »

danfoshizzle wrote:Follow his instructions exactly if you have not already, regarding the partition scheme of the stick, I did not do this first and got exactly what you are getting now, so boot into Linux if you can and format the USB flash into three partitions, one fat32, 300MB, one ext4, 1.2GB, and the rest as fat32 to be used as an SD card, and unzip all files to 300MB fat32 partition, and all should be good, if it does not work then try another stick, or try wiping the stick with the hp USB format tool and trying again
Thanks Dan

I'll give it a go. When I read the translated instructions, I thought what you said might just be for sticks bigger than 2GB. Oh well...

How does this one run ? Are there any serious issues with it ?

I played with one of the earlier Mijuu ICS releases and it was good, but there were some serious issues with it - I seem to remember that wired Ethernet didn't work, but that may have been a general Android ICS issue rather then running it on a Joggler.

Gee, I forgot I left my Joggler on, as the screen had turned off, and now there is nearly a screen full of dots....
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Runs pretty well in my testing, some apps work some dont, but it has full access to the play store :D

And that stick config should go perfect on a 2 gig stick, but if does not reduce the daze of the data partition down to 1.1gb, should give those few megabytes extra.
more to come!!

Womble

Post by Womble »

Hi there... what's the "Joggler_source_overlay" file on his website? what do you do with it.... if anything?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Womble wrote:Hi there... what's the "Joggler_source_overlay" file on his website? what do you do with it.... if anything?
It's for developers (like me!) so we can get Android-x86 working on the Joggler using his source.
Yes, JazzMod is coming soon and I'm still having major issues with Ubuntu.
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

good release:-) but I have problem -i have root but system directory mounted as Read-Only and I cant mount as RW(i need to edit build.prop) And anoter big question- is it possible to use pppoe wired internet on it??? I cant find soft or terminal commands for it
nitrowing

Post by nitrowing »

OK, I've had to copy the files over from the Alpha3 folder, then copy the files from the Easy_to_use folder, then edit the grub.cfg to change LANG=zh to read LANG=en
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Great :D
Happy Joggling
nitrowing

Post by nitrowing »

hawsey wrote:Great :D
It boots fine.
I can't get it to shutdown, even after 2 hours of it saying it was shutting down...
I pulled the plug and rebooted and had to go through the whole start up initializer again.
It has repeated this problem.
I can't get it to connect to the internet wirelessly through my router (but that may be my network!)

If I could get it to remember it's settings then I'd be happy :roll:
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

The market is failing to connect after the 2nd boot (as usual!)! Browser is also popping up security errors (again normal for build!) Apart from that seemed to work OK, when you first install build download as many apps as you can as you will lose Play market
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

richonhelp wrote:The market is failing to connect after the 2nd boot (as usual!)! Browser is also popping up security errors (again normal for build!) Apart from that seemed to work OK, when you first install build download as many apps as you can as you will lose Play market
you need to set correctly date or install clocksync app