A book on the O2 Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

A book on the O2 Joggler

Post by jazzmista »

Don't know if any of you have seen this:
http://www.justbooks.co.uk/search/?keyw ... qr&submit=

There is now a published book about the Joggler. This is all very well and good, but I think there is more than what meets the eye - the most informative link is the amazon.fr one, as it shows the book cover - interestingly enough, it says "High quality content by Wikipedia Articles" - seen as it is 132 pages long and Wikipedia has a single page on the Joggler, I think it may be using a rather different wiki... ;)

Meanwhile, I'm not going to pay £37 for information freely available on this website :|
danfoshizzle

Re: A book on the O2 Joggler

Post by danfoshizzle »

Haha, cheeky! 44 euros too :P
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Weird and cheeky. It's odd to see words I've written for sale on Amazon; I wonder if it's a common thing to scrape Wikipedia for content and then roll it into a book? Never heard of it before.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Yeah, definitely strange, suppose people will do anything for a quick buck or two though.
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I've seen these before about a few things , (xbmc as well i think ) they must see what people are searching for and just stick one in like bait on a hook to see if any sucker takes it :lol: .
They must be made to order i.e hit print from the Wiki dump as soon as an order comes in ...
Its obviously insane but i have sometimes thought that the printed page would be helpful with some things you are trying to get your head around sometimes ;
but at that price i think i'll wait till the paperback comes out this time .....................
Happy Joggling
Wilberforce

Post by Wilberforce »

To be fair to Evander, the binding on this book is first class and you get the added convienience of manual cut and paste.
roobarb!

A book on the O2 Joggler

Post by roobarb! »

Wilberforce wrote:To be fair to Evander, the binding on this book is first class and you get the added convienience of manual cut and paste.
Awesome! I shall purchase a copy and a Pritt-Stick immediately! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

roobarb! wrote:
Wilberforce wrote:To be fair to Evander, the binding on this book is first class and you get the added convienience of manual cut and paste.
Awesome! I shall purchase a copy and a Pritt-Stick immediately! :)
Haha! It should be interesting to see if they follow our Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) ;)