Missing most applications after OpenPeak update

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
xAPPO

Missing most applications after OpenPeak update

Post by xAPPO »

I have two more Jogglers that have auto updated now (immediately at power on) and I just get 6 icons and two blank spaces for Games and Tools which don't launch.. There are no main applications at all now. Is there a way for me to force the remaining apps to load ? 'Check for Updates' says there are no new updates and a restart doesn't produce any.

App Shop
Settings
Phone
Call Logs
Contacts
Sound Ex.

Is no-one else seeing this ?

K
shadowman42

Re: Missing most applications after OpenPeak update

Post by shadowman42 »

yep, i have 3 jogglers. 1 updated before the other 2 and had 2 missing icons and incomplete applications. tyhe other 2 then updated the same, and almost immediately the 1st 1 re-updated and has all the icons now.

The other 2 have missing icons and dont seem to be receiving the update (yet)
gegs

Re: Missing most applications after OpenPeak update

Post by gegs »

My advice would be to reflash and install PnP III. You'll have SSH connectivity and the best apps from the new update (Flickr and the Accuweather app) and a basic but functional web browser, Squeezeplay, Logitech Media Server, iPlayer and a better Youtube (the latter two courtesy of spoyser).

You'll have to use pukington's instructions on the following page to get a wireless connection - http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... p&start=80 - because DHCP doesn't seem to assign an IP address to the Joggler in PnP III. Disabling DHCP and setting a manual IP does the trick.