Poll: The O2 Update Bricked My Jogger

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.

Did the O2 update brick your joggler (stuck on O2 screen)?

Yes (I had a clean joggler)
20%
Yes (I had modified my joggler)
30%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

darrenkellum

Poll: The O2 Update Bricked My Jogger

Post by darrenkellum »

I think we should do a count of how many jogglers O2 managed to brick by sending out their update. It would be interesting to determine whether it happened to completely clean (non-modified) jogglers or just those that were pimped.

I think O2 should see how many devices were affected. Essentially if we didnt have this community or guides on how to reflash our jogglers they would all be dead and in any normal situation (eg. if these were phones) we would be looking for a replacement or compensation of somekind. You cant really expect to send out an update, break the device, and leave it at that.

If your joggler is bricked and you are new to Jogglers, head over to the O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April topic at about page 10 onwards you'll find some gudies on how to reflash back to the original software.
deongorle

Re: Poll: The O2 Update Bricked My Jogger

Post by deongorle »

I had a completely untouched Joggler that had never been hacked in any way at all and after the 'alleged upgrade' it just keept rebooting on the O2 screen, i had to use Birdslikewires excellent reflash tool to get it back to its original stock/factory state. What on earth to O2 think their doing, many of us paid good hard earned money for a device with lounge radio, Texting services etc. etc. and they are trying to take all that away and replace it with a flawed, sub standard operating system (Open Peak) that in many cases brickes the Jogglers and in the cases that it doesnt all the good stuff has been removed leaving a Clock.............great £149.95 for a clock!!. I am currently seeking legal advice over this matter and will be presenting it to O2 in due course.