Help needed. Joggler keeps restarting after the new update

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ilovemyjoggler

Help needed. Joggler keeps restarting after the new update

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hello

I have had a fully functioning joggler for well over a year. It had not been tinkered with in any way as I am not very computer literate. Today the long dreaded update was installed on my joggler - I wish I had the foresight/knowledge to block this as it has completely broken it. Immediately after the update the joggler kept switching itself off and then straight back on again. We unplugged it for a while and when it came back it seemed to be ok. Then it started updating again - more apps I think. It worked ok for a short time and we left it alone so I am not sure if there were any error messages. However soon after it started switching itself off and on again and has been doing this ever since. I have tried unplugging it. It is connected via wifi so I tried attaching it to the router with an ethernet cable but that didn't help either. O2, not surprisingly, offered no solution other than telling me there is something wrong with the joggler - erm hello...it was working just fine until your stupid update! They suggested taking it to a store where they may know what to do. I'm doubtful that they would have a clue. I get to the black screen with the o2 logo in the middle at which point it switches off.

I really don't know what to do - and would need a really simple step but step guide as I really am not that technically savvy. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution. I love my joggler and would hate to lose it...... Anyone want to spend the time holding my hand through the process??? Would be much appreciated!
ordessa

Re: Help needed. Joggler keeps restarting after the new upda

Post by ordessa »

looks like same "hit" as mine... (I have 2 - ones OK...well it has the new SW) one is fubar'd..

check out the reflash script and PnPIII... if you have a very little knowledge its easy...

I'm sure we can get you through this!
Steve
ilovemyjoggler

Re: Help needed. Joggler keeps restarting after the new upda

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hi. Have had a look at the instructions for reflashing...will post in that forum as I still don't really understand what I need to do.....