Install Emulators

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
bigeasy_uk

Install Emulators

Post by bigeasy_uk »

Hi all,
Is there any way to install custom apps on the joggler's standard os, like snes, nes, megadrive etc emulators?
I've installed zsnes and snes9x on ubuntu but they run really slow and should run fine given the spec of the joggler so I assume it is due to running ubuntu and the emulator from a usb stick.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

which ubuntu image did you run? If you have an unmodified joggler, to run emulators which do need some cpu, you will want to increase the throttle temperature.
I can advise on this, after learning how you are doing things curently
bigeasy_uk

Re: Install Emulators

Post by bigeasy_uk »

Hi Buzz, cheers for replying.
I tried it using your ubuntu 10.10 image. To be honest I didn't even think to change the throttle temperature, even though I've read about it, d'oh. I thought it might have been a combination of a slow usb stick (I've got a low profile one) and using it through a hub so I could connect my 360 pad also.
If it's any indication to speed, the fastest I've seen my stick write was just below 8MB/s when writing an image to it.