PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave »

Thanks for all the success stories - keep 'em coming!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Rob2404

Post by Rob2404 »

is there a youtube vid anywhere on how to do update, still struggling. :~(
phil

Post by phil »

Just reflashed and updated to PNP3. Everything seems to be working as it should apart from the Alarm - it is completely silent. It doesn't matter which alarm I choose, or even if I select an MP3, it doesn't make a sound. All other apps are playing sounds fine.

Any idea?
pukington

Post by pukington »

Cheers for your reply Dave, i've USA today so that'll be the openpeak version then, albeit a o2 joggler anyhow. Hopefully no future problems then. Cheers for the hardwork mate, you need a beer fund donation pot ;)
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

For info I just installed PnPIII over a recently updated joggler that was running PnPII (telnet was still enabled post update) . The wireless and date / time fix's both worked but had a glitch with the screen blanking every 5 seconds and when I did a power off reboot it hung on the O2 screen. As per Dave's instructions it should be installed on a clean image (when O2 provide the revised open peak version) so no surprise it got a little 'confused'. In the meantime I Reflashed with the stock O2 image with no problems and PnPIII installed and working perfectly. (Actually just tested the alarm and seems silent as per phil comments above) Thanks Dave, plus roobarb - that reflashing tool is a lifesaver!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Oops, the alarm is probably pointing to files that aren't on the original o2 set-up. Will investigate at some stage.
HopmanUK

Post by HopmanUK »

Max wrote:
Slingshot72 wrote:Ive been using my Joggler as a squeezebox server but the official update really messed this up. Thanks to offbeatdave's hard work on the PnP III Ive almost got things back to normal again. The Logitech Media Server is up and running again but Im having trouble connecting to my windows home server which stores my music files.

I know Ive had this working before (under the original PnP). I can ping the servers IP address from the Joggler, no problem. After creating /media/music, I tried mounting the share with the following command:

Code: Select all

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/Music /media/music -o user=music,password=secret
But this wasnt working (IIRC it was reporting "no such device") and I soon realised that I hadnt installed SAMBA. Grabbing the cifs.ko kernel from this page (http://webdiary.com/2010/11/05/squeezeb ... -a-budget/) and using the details in this post (http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =538#p9282) I think Ive got the cifs.ko installed properly but Im now getting the error message "Invalid Parameter".

Anyone got any ideas on what Im doing wrong?
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I get the same. Annoyingly I had this working on my original joggler about a year ago, but no longer works. (My original one is currently having a bit of a holiday i.e. it's been switched off so that it doesn't update itself).

I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be related to the busybox version of /bin/mount. But I haven't found anything conclusive.
I'm having exactly the same problem at the moment too.

mount: mounting //192.168.1.200/Public on /media/storage failed: Invalid argument
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

pukington wrote:<snip> Cheers for the hardwork mate, you need a beer fund donation pot ;)
Nah, don't really deserve one just for putting together the work of other cleverer people!

Anyway, just to let people know, I'm going to have a quick fiddle with the alarm and Connect and Play this evening to see if I can get them working. I have one more thing to try!
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

vinnielo wrote:
offbeatdave wrote: It plays whichever streams the Joggler always played - no more or no less. There are some it can't play. The only thing that's stripped down are (hopefully) unnecessary/unused files in the installation.
LMS acts as a server (which, if on a full OS, has the ability to transcode). As I have actually have a hardware Squeezebox, it was wondering if I would be able to use it to transcode AAC+ to mp3.
Just to update you, I've just installed PnP III and aacPlus does, indeed, work! :D
I'll soon post up details on how to get RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for LMS so you can listen to radio stations streaming in mp3 and AAC+ formats. (This is preferable to using the Lounge app to run RadioFeeds).
When this is will be dependent on when I can get Telnet up and running again. (Yes, I've been locked out!).

Incidentally, offbeatdave, is there any more room to install mplayer in PnPIII? This would allow a plugin inside of LMS to play WMA streams as well as mp3 and AAC+.
The benefits of this are the ability to play BBC local radio from inside of SqueezePlay.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
gegs

Post by gegs »

vinnielo wrote:Incidentally, offbeatdave, is there any more room to install mplayer in PnPIII? This would allow a plugin inside of LMS to play WMA streams as well as mp3 and AAC+.
The benefits of this are the ability to play BBC local radio from inside of SqueezePlay.
BBC streams can be played using the excellent Triode plugin in LMS; it allows you to choose AAC as the preferred streaming format. The excellent 'BBC iPlayer Extra' on-demand radio plugin is also an essential part of any Squeezeplay setup.

I do agree that it would be great to have Mplayer but its absence doesn't stop you listening to BBC; it would be useful for other services though, like Napster (which used to stream in WMA - but I'm not sure since it was taken over by Rhapsody).
gegs

Post by gegs »

I finally reflashed my updated Joggler (after initial confusion over whether this was still possible) and installed P'n'P mkIII. Well done for filtering all the useless cruddy games and sticking to useful apps. I especially like that you've now integrated the Flickr and Weather apps from the Openpeak OS; these were the only two apps I was impressed with in the update and it's great to also have them on a pimped Joggler.

Initial frustration at not being able to connect wirelessly gave way to a comforting peace after I did some RTFM'ing and used your suggested connection settings with DHCP disabled. After that was fixed, nothing but joy. I've still got to set up LMS with all my preferred plugins but when I do I'll be hugely popular. My family are missing their Spotify in the kitchen.
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

gegs wrote:
vinnielo wrote: I do agree that it would be great to have Mplayer but its absence doesn't stop you listening to BBC; it would be useful for other services though, like Napster (which used to stream in WMA - but I'm not sure since it was taken over by Rhapsody).
RadioFeeds is more than just BBC, as I'm sure you're well aware! :)
Some commercial stations still using WMA only (urgh!) include kmfm, Connect FM, Your Radio, Palm 105.5 and Energy FM.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

vinnielo wrote:
Incidentally, offbeatdave, is there any more room to install mplayer in PnPIII? This would allow a plugin inside of LMS to play WMA streams as well as mp3 and AAC+.
It's something I've wondered myself, but not sure yet how to go about this. I would like to as a realise it would unleash the WMA plugin which I have setup ready!
gegs

Post by gegs »

vinnielo wrote:RadioFeeds is more than just BBC, as I'm sure you're well aware! :)
Some commercial stations still using WMA only (urgh!) include kmfm, Connect FM, Your Radio, Palm 105.5 and Energy FM.
I agree! I only mentioned BBC because you said that one of the benefits of Mplayer was that you could play BBC local radio, when actually you can without it. I didn't want people to think that BBC radio was inaccessible through Squeezeplay.
kiteman

Post by kiteman »

Mine updated a couple of days ago but have no Telnet access. Either through putty or windows client :'(
gegs

Post by gegs »

Use the reflashing tool on the birdslikewires site and then install PnP mkIII. I did last night and I've got everything back again - and a couple of new things.

Wifi wouldn't work for me at first but I followed pukington's instructions from one of the pages in this thread - http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... p&start=80 - and it worked like a dream after that.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Have fixed connect and play on OpenPeak updated Jogglers (that allow Telnet!) for PnP III. Silent alarm tones sorted too. Fixes noted in opening post (and integrated into forthcoming v3.030)
phil

Post by phil »

Dave

Thanks for trying, but the Alarm sounds fix didnt work for me. I already had the libAlarmClock.so file but renamed it and replaced it with the version on dropbox, but it made no difference. A reboot didn't help either :-(
jamesahallam

Post by jamesahallam »

Slingshot72 wrote:Ive been using my Joggler as a squeezebox server but the official update really messed this up. Thanks to offbeatdave's hard work on the PnP III Ive almost got things back to normal again. The Logitech Media Server is up and running again but Im having trouble connecting to my windows home server which stores my music files.

I know Ive had this working before (under the original PnP). I can ping the servers IP address from the Joggler, no problem. After creating /media/music, I tried mounting the share with the following command:

Code: Select all

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/Music /media/music -o user=music,password=secret
But this wasnt working (IIRC it was reporting "no such device") and I soon realised that I hadnt installed SAMBA. Grabbing the cifs.ko kernel from this page (http://webdiary.com/2010/11/05/squeezeb ... -a-budget/) and using the details in this post (http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =538#p9282) I think Ive got the cifs.ko installed properly but Im now getting the error message "Invalid Parameter".

Anyone got any ideas on what Im doing wrong?
Firstly, thanks for working on this. I've used various Ubuntu and Joli OS's over the past few years but they've always been a little unstable and slow. This seems much quicker and hopefully more stable, but I've only had it (3.027) installed for about 4 days. I'd reiterate the calls for a beer fund donation pot, I'll gladly donate.

I've got the same problem i.e. Invalid Parameter as above. I have cifs.ko installed but when I view dmesg it seems to suggest that I need to install something else (I think smbfs but I'm a novice so I could be wrong) to get the mount working correctly. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks,
James
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

phil wrote:Dave

Thanks for trying, but the Alarm sounds fix didnt work for me. I already had the libAlarmClock.so file but renamed it and replaced it with the version on dropbox, but it made no difference. A reboot didn't help either :-(
Hmm. Will investigate further.

v3.030 now available from opening post.