PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave »

Grr. My iPlayer quit button isn't working on the OpenPeak Joggler. Had to do a Restart Tango via the webserver.

EDIT: Now it is.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

Loaded this up - took about 5 mins of a blank screen and a couple of reboots. Looks good offbeatdave!... but will not connect to the router for me - it picks up the SSID ok but when it trying to connect it comes up with a unable to associate with the network message - same for a wired connection also? Might try a reflash.
bakerk

Post by bakerk »

Mine was the same can't connect to wired or wireless:-(
Jase

Post by Jase »

Same network problems for me but excellent work so much better than the update from 02
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

Re-flashed back to stock O2, installed PnP III and still the same, so I don't think it's directly related to which software is running.
Back on PnP II, working perfectly.
Jase

Post by Jase »

I managed to get the wireless to work but cannot get the time to update to the correct time, it's stuck on 21 September 2009. Any ideas why it's not updating from the time servers?

Thanks.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

I had the time issue last night. A reboot fixed mine.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Re: Network issues

I sometimes have network messages when first setting up even the original o2 out of the box software but then it picks up and away it goes. Have you tried running Opera browser to see it the network actually is working? Mine are running fine here (apart from the iPlayer/YouTube issues mentioned above).
Jase

Post by Jase »

Hi, thanks that did the trick I had rebooted a few times last night but no joy but has done the trick this morning, it's looking good Iplayer is a little jittery as you said however its a major improvement to the O2 downgrade.

Many thanks
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

offbeatdave wrote:Re: Network issues

I sometimes have network messages when first setting up even the original o2 out of the box software but then it picks up and away it goes. Have you tried running Opera browser to see it the network actually is working? Mine are running fine here (apart from the iPlayer/YouTube issues mentioned above).
When I first released the iPlayer app it also suffered from stuttering playback, this was originally fixed by running the BBC stream outside of the UI of the app, this was acheived via this line in iPlayer.cgi

Code: Select all

cd /openpeak/tango
./tango "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?config_settings_bitrateFloor=0&config_settings_bitrateCeiling=10000&config_settings_guidance=passed&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_autoPlay=true&config_settings_transportHeight=65&playlist=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/"$app &
Maybe rather than .tango the new OS needs to be used, unless tango hasn't actually been replaced and just the UI has?

You could also try lowering the bitrateCeiling, anything above 1500 is more or less HD I believe so you could try 1000?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

spoyser wrote:
When I first released the iPlayer app it also suffered from stuttering playback, this was originally fixed by running the BBC stream outside of the UI of the app, this was acheived via this line in iPlayer.cgi

Code: Select all

cd /openpeak/tango
./tango "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?config_settings_bitrateFloor=0&config_settings_bitrateCeiling=10000&config_settings_guidance=passed&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_autoPlay=true&config_settings_transportHeight=65&playlist=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/"$app &
Maybe rather than .tango the new OS needs to be used, unless tango hasn't actually been replaced and just the UI has?

You could also try lowering the bitrateCeiling, anything above 1500 is more or less HD I believe so you could try 1000?
Thanks for the response. I was going to PM you about this - I'll have a fiddle this evening.
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

offbeatdave wrote: Thanks for the response. I was going to PM you about this - I'll have a fiddle this evening.
No problem, if you need any help I'll try my best, PM is probably most sensible.
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

I've been away from the Jogglerwiki forums for quite a while, so please bear with me whilst I try and figure out what's been happening for the past year or so! :p
I just wanted to ask about LMS in PnP III.
I understand that everything's being trimmed down to allow for more space.
Does LMS offer WMA and AAC+ decoding, or is it a stripped-down version which doesn't offer these codecs?
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
deongorle

Post by deongorle »

Just wanted to say a HUUUGGGEEEE thank you to offbeatdave for the AWESOME work he has done here. It is massivly appreciated by us all. Ive got my original Joggler (O2 not the horribly downgraded OP version) Updated with PnP Mark III and its running sweet as a nut. Fantastic work, thank you. :D :D . IMHO i think O2 should be ashamed of what theyve done, we paid them good money for our jogglers and they have trashed them and made them useless and virtually unuseble, without people like offbeatdave it would have been in the dustbin.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

vinnielo wrote:I've been away from the Jogglerwiki forums for quite a while, so please bear with me whilst I try and figure out what's been happening for the past year or so! :p
I just wanted to ask about LMS in PnP III.
I understand that everything's being trimmed down to allow for more space.
Does LMS offer WMA and AAC+ decoding, or is it a stripped-down version which doesn't offer these codecs?
It plays whichever streams the Joggler always played - no more or no less. There are some it can't play. The only thing that's stripped down are (hopefully) unnecessary/unused files in the installation.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

deongorle wrote:Just wanted to say a HUUUGGGEEEE thank you to offbeatdave for the AWESOME work he has done here. It is massivly appreciated by us all. Ive got my original Joggler (O2 not the horribly downgraded OP version) Updated with PnP Mark III and its running sweet as a nut. Fantastic work, thank you. :D :D . IMHO i think O2 should be ashamed of what theyve done, we paid them good money for our jogglers and they have trashed them and made them useless and virtually unuseble, without people like offbeatdave it would have been in the dustbin.
No problem and pleased to hear it's working! :D That's always a relief when you release something for others to try!

My main contribution has been with the copy and paste functions, putting everyone else's hard work together, especially that of roobarb, spoyser and, of course, gforums!
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

offbeatdave wrote: It plays whichever streams the Joggler always played - no more or no less. There are some it can't play. The only thing that's stripped down are (hopefully) unnecessary/unused files in the installation.
LMS acts as a server (which, if on a full OS, has the ability to transcode). As I have actually have a hardware Squeezebox, it was wondering if I would be able to use it to transcode AAC+ to mp3.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
Rob2404

Post by Rob2404 »

Hi, im a little confused with the telnet part, do i connect my laptop to my jogger using telnet?.
Rob2404

Post by Rob2404 »

ok, ive found telnet on my laptop, i typed open then the jogglers ip address but it is not connecting to my joggler. i wish i updated this before the update as on the O2 software i think it was just flash the joggler then usb the software..... do i need to get telnet on the joggler first? and do i need to flash it still using bird like wires?

thx
rob :)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Make sure your Joggler is connected to the network (wireless or wired - all mine have been done wireless over the years). What is appearing when you try and telnet into the Joggler?