PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Post by hawsey »

gegs wrote:It's been a while since I used PnPIII but I think there's a script to change the sound interface in SWF Launcher.
I'm sure you are right gegs , I was just thinking I had seen that in swf launcher as well .
Happy Joggling
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

cool will have a look tonight.
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

Somewhat belatedly, I'm adding my small but genuine and heartfelt thanks to this thread. Six months working in France has left me somewhat out of the loop. I got a lot of fun out of these units, as well as being able to use some of the functionality of PNPIII. Sadly, with the demise of the iPlayer and Google apps in this software, my predominant, if not sole use for them, will be as LMS music streamers where I don't have "genuine" Logitech equipment. I will therefore continue to use most of them, but using the Squeezeplay OS only.
Thanks for helping gadget freaks like me be able to use these great little machines. At least most will still see service as part of my poor man's Sonos setup!

Good luck with the new projects!

jaydee
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

jaydee999 wrote:. I will therefore continue to use most of them, but using the Squeezeplay OS only.
Yeah, I'm running Squeezeplay OS on 3, Xubuntu on 2, using them as networked photo frames cycling through 16000 images with just one running PnP III 'cos my daughter likes to look at Accuweather in the morning!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
gegs

Post by gegs »

jaydee999 wrote:I will therefore continue to use most of them, but using the Squeezeplay OS only.
If you've got a few, I recommend trying Android ICS. No video support or USB sound but still lots useful stuff. I use mine in the kitchen for various Android apps (Spotify, Weather, bus times etc.) and as a controller for Chromecast (streaming from iPlayer, Mubi, FilmON, SnagFilms etc.) It also makes a great controller for Squeezeboxes using the Squeeze Ctrl app.
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

Hi gegs
Do you mean using Joggler from a USB stick running Android ICS? Like a non-portable mini tablet? I presume the lack of USB sound is driven by limitations in software/harware, and not by the lack of USB ports?
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

Is this ICS distro PnP? Seems like it needs a bit of jogglery-pokklery, which I'm too stupid/tired/drunk to work out............
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

No Jiggery pokery required , you just write an image file to a USB stick and plug it in to the joggler and switch on :-)
Below is an uncompressed image kindly uploaded by dwl99 no unzipping necessary but it might take a while to download as its 2gig
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 24623#p246 23

PnPIII is different and is loaded on to the internal memory ,
Good luck ,
any problems look in the software section and post in the Android thread and we can help .
The thread you need .
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1598
Happy Joggling
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

hawsey wrote:No Jiggery pokery required , you just write an image file to a USB stick and plug it in to the joggler and switch on :-)
That's what I did, but it refused to boot. Thanks for the link to the image file. Will have another crack at it.
jaydee
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Format your stick first using the HP utilities tool , then write the image using Win 32 disc imager , link below , if I don't do exactly this every time my images fail to boot too :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2792g7f1e2k ... 97kQa?dl=0
Happy Joggling
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

hawsey wrote:Format your stick first using the HP utilities tool , then write the image using Win 32 disc imager , link below , if I don't do exactly this every time my images fail to boot too :-)

I've tried 4 different sticks (that all worked before, using various other distros before I reformatted them). All four claim a successful write, yet when i explore them, there is always just two 1KB files on the stick: boot.nsh, and startup.nsh.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Presume that the Android distros also have partitions which Windows can't read. Have you actually tried booting the sticks after writing to them?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

So have you downloaded the .IMG file I linked to above ? It is just over 2 GB and ends in .IMG .
Using the HP Utilities tool format your disk .
Then Win32 Disc imager to write the image .

In Windows , I had multiple failures like you but using the above method and utilities it never fails .
There has also been the odd times when hidden file extensions mess things up so for that in Windows you right click on the file and tick show hidden file extensions box :-)
Happy Joggling
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

Yes, did all that. They don't boot up: the Joggler simply boots up into the internal OS.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Sounds like your USB port might be faulty , if it is its the first one I've heard of :-(
I would try another distro you know worked for you before and see if that works .
Happy Joggling
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

My experience is exactly the same.
usb stick and joggler work fine on other distros but not this one.
Only see the two files and it refuses to boot.

jaydee999 wrote:
hawsey wrote:Format your stick first using the HP utilities tool , then write the image using Win 32 disc imager , link below , if I don't do exactly this every time my images fail to boot too :-)

I've tried 4 different sticks (that all worked before, using various other distros before I reformatted them). All four claim a successful write, yet when i explore them, there is always just two 1KB files on the stick: boot.nsh, and startup.nsh.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

OK can we continue this over at the correct thread , there is obviously something weird going on here
See you over here
Happy Joggling
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

mikeywilliams wrote:My experience is exactly the same.
usb stick and joggler work fine on other distros but not this one.
Only see the two files and it refuses to boot.
Glad I'm not alone, though you may not see it that way. lol

@hawsey
The USB port is fine. SPQOS boots up OK in same machine in same port.
Mcja9543

Post by Mcja9543 »

So I went to my web browsers (plural as tried them all) put in the IP address of my Joggler network and nothing found.
Tried the software from a hard drive use connection...nothing happened. What do I do to install April 2015 PnpIII ?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Mcja9543 wrote:So I went to my web browsers (plural as tried them all) put in the IP address of my Joggler network and nothing found.
Tried the software from a hard drive use connection...nothing happened. What do I do to install April 2015 PnpIII ?
Mcja9543 if I were you I would probably start off with trying one of the different Operating Systems we have that boot straight off a USB stick .
What you will be trying on this thread is to update the internal OS on the Joggler and it is just a little harder to do but if that's what you want we will talk you through :-)
First you need to update to the latest Openpeak software using Roobarbs reflash tool , here

http://birdslikewires.co.uk/openpeak-firmware

Once you get that done , report back .

P.S. If you want to try Android first (what is on some smartphones) post on this thread
Happy Joggling